DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to keep this quick and to the point. I used to offer remote tuning for those that didnt know how to tune and wanted to see a first hand look at a simple tuning process that actually works. I haven't offered it in a while now due to a few reasons. Mostly being busy and it not being worth the effort. I recently teased that i MAY be offering it again if we get too slow from this whole Covid thing, but thankfully we have had a constant stream of work so i was putting it off. That said, my inbox has been blowing up with requests for it, so i think i will do another short run of them. Here is the deal with it. This is MOSTLY so you can see first hand how to go through the process of tuning a car with a pretty easy to understand and basic method. It also obviously gets you a tune. This is better suited for those who are wanting to learn to tune on their own, but don't really know where to start and are feeling overwhelmed by it all. If you think this is going to be free or that it should be free, stop reading here and go play in off topic with the rest of the nut jobs on this site. There are requirements from your end if you want to do this. Do NOT message me if you do not meet all of these requirements. If you do and you don't meet all 7, I'm going to ignore you as I do not have time to waste.

1) you have GOOD internet where your car is parked
2) you have a laptop that isn't slow, and is ready to go with Room EQ Wizard and Teamviewer already downloaded on it. Both are free
3) you have a measurement microphone
4) you are competent enough to pause a track, play a track, and hold a microphone
5) you have a phone to call me on. If you arent in the US, you need to have FB messenger.
6) you have a DSP that isn't a buggy POS that will make me want to jam forks into my eyes
7) you have $300+ in your Paypal or venmo ready to go. $300 is the minimum, and goes up from there if you have rear speakers, want a 2 seat tune, etc etc..

and most importantly... DO NOT COME TO ME IF YOUR INSTALL IS NOT 100% READY! Doors not deadened yet? do not message me. "hey my install will be done in 2 weeks, can we do it then?".. don't do that. Gains not set yet? do not message me. "i have a minor problem with Xyz but its ok I'll figure it out after".. do not message me. Integrated into the OEM system but didnt do it properly ( i can verify that)... do not message me. I think you get it..

If you think that price is too much, tough. Learn on your own then. Its less than what i charge for a tune at the shop, which i think is only fair to you considering you arent getting my ears on it as well as verifying that the install is correct.

Another thing, i am only offering this in the mornings and evenings. by that i mean between 8am-11am, and 7pm-11pm eastern time. Dates from 5/12/2020 to 5/30/2020. Dont have those times/dates available? Then you guessed it.. don't message me. I do not have time for that and I'm already pretty fed up with this place as a whole to be quite frank, but I'm a glutton for punishment so here i am.

Lastly, i have done this with maybe about 40 people so far. I have only had one person say that the end result wasn't good. Guess what, turns out he had a crappy install with no deadening, doors that weren't sealed, and integrated into the oem system the wrong way. I guess that was my fault for not verifying, but what i am getting at is that this process works if you have your basics covered.

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
My install is almost done, I'll FB message you from my spotty hotspot.

Reactions: bbfoto and AVIDEDTR

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
On a serious note... Nick is great at cutting through the bs and I bet he'd be a great to learn from. If this was 2007 I'd be all over this. It's a great deal for anybody jumping in head first

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
If his remote skills are just as good as his in car skills, you will enjoy his tune. Well worth the $300 minimum charge. This is a no brain'r

Reactions: DavidRam and SkizeR

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If his remote skills are just as good as his in car skills, you will enjoy his tune. Well worth the $300 minimum charge. This is a no brain'r
your car was done purely with measurement. Its essentially the same as what i get out of a remote tune

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
your car was done purely with measurement. Its essentially the same as what i get out of a remote tune
That's my point, I think we(you) spent 90min and haven't really adjusted it much since.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is $300 a normal price of a tuning, or is this more because it's being done remotely? I was just wondering if I took a vehicle to a shop if this is about what the going rate is?

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is $300 a normal price of a tuning, or is this more because it's being done remotely? I was just wondering if I took a vehicle to a shop if this is about what the going rate is?
depends on what shop. For the ones that can genuinely tune, they charge more. I charge more because theres more to do. 300 is less than what you would pay for a good tune elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Depending where u go and who does it, could actually be more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
300-500 seems average and Nick is quite competent. Little douchey but he can make a system sound good.
It takes time. A lot of time. So its worth paying someone for their skills. My pro tuned vehicle sounds better than the one I tuned myself. May have something to do having double the speakers and double the power with 100x the DSP ability too.... lol

I bust Nicks balls but the man is talented.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
curious but how long does it typically take since its only $300

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
curious but how long does it typically take since its only $300
assuming the install is good, the internet connection and computer are of no issue, and im using a helix, could be as quick as 10 mins if i do it with auto eq lol. But thats not the point of this. The point of this is to show a basic process so people can start doing it on their own. That process, again, with a helix and everything correct, could be as quick as 45 mins but is usually 1.5 hours. Should be no more than 2 hours. If it is, something is wrong.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
assuming the install is good, the internet connection and computer are of no issue, and im using a helix, could be as quick as 10 mins if i do it with auto eq lol. But thats not the point of this. The point of this is to show a basic process so people can start doing it on their own. That process, again, with a helix and everything correct, could be as quick as 45 mins but is usually 1.5 hours. Should be no more than 2 hours. If it is, something is wrong.
seems like a headache for little gain unless you are doing a lot of them. i will pay for kountz tune if you broadcast it😬

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seems like a headache for little gain unless you are doing a lot of them. i will pay for kountz tune if you broadcast it
I know you are successful, but idk if anyone on this forum could pay me enough to deal with him anymore lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChaseUTB

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I know you are successful, but idk if anyone on this forum could pay me enough to deal with him anymore lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
it would be worth the money:LOL:

Reactions: SkizeR

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I am not around here much. Why does that name sound so familiar?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts