·
Registered
18,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Listener of Music
3,342 Posts

Could this also work for much less?

It won't measure at all/anywhere near accurate above 7k or below 100. This are only good for letting you know about where you have a ridiculous peak Pretty much needs to be some sort of USB mic. If you can't find a Dayton try Minidsp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DSP should arrive tomorrow....now just need the goddamn MICROPHONE to hurry it's ass upppppp T.T

I gotta say I'm really stoked on this. I was planning on doing it all on my own and learning as I go (as I really want to be able to actually learn how to do it, rather than have someone else just do it), but when I found this I lit right up. There's really nobody in my area to help with this sort of thing, so to be able to actually learn this skill from someone else (the great SkizeR) and also know it's getting done properly is pretty much priceless to me.

......aaaaaand that's my story!

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
DSP should arrive tomorrow....now just need the goddamn MICROPHONE to hurry it's ass upppppp T.T

I gotta say I'm really stoked on this. I was planning on doing it all on my own and learning as I go (as I really want to be able to actually learn how to do it, rather than have someone else just do it), but when I found this I lit right up. There's really nobody in my area to help with this sort of thing, so to be able to actually learn this skill from someone else (the great SkizeR) and also know it's getting done properly is pretty much priceless to me.

......aaaaaand that's my story!
Where in Canada are you? Just asking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Update! (Since I'm sure you all care so much and are dying to know 😂) Solen (Canadian Minidsp distributor) just cancelled my order and told me the mic is on backorder 😭😭

Absolutely nobody in the world has one of these things in stock other than Cross Spectrum, so I ponied up the extra few shekels and placed an order with them. I guess I'm happy that I'll be getting a better(?)mic, but I'm just hoping it arrives in timmmmmmmme this anxiety is killing me ...

·
Registered
18,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Out of stock also :(

I'm actually pretty excited about the cross spectrum model now, I'm just hoping it arrives in time.
i may extend the dates to just being "open" if everything goes well. So far, it mostly has.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Reactions: spiff39

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
^^^both of those made me laugh
Q: What is the difference between each of those things?
A: one of them leads to heartache.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
If you were closer I'd let you borrow my mic.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: spiff39

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Im in Oz and got a helix MTK1 microphone delivered in a week from melbourne to adelaide (800 km) for AU$420 which is US$270. Perhaps that's a bit more expensive than other mics but its a piece of art and completely solid. It would last forever in a pro workshop. Can't beat german engineering. My installer has never installed a helix before. He tuned my ultra by ear on install. We did an autotune with the mic it sounded great before its smashed that. I cant wait to learn more about how to do this myself. Great soundstage so much detail. Biggest problem is its so revealing shit recordings sound shit. I have a home system that would cost me AU$20 to 30k to replace. The car system now sounds practically as good. It is AU$10K of hardware hertz speakers subs and amps and a helix ultra. Its a hot noisy turbo diesel misubishi SUV and the installers completely gutted the car and its fully insulated with dynamat and dynaliner so that was a AU$5K job. My advice get a dsp and a mic and GET A TUNE. So worth it. Ive sold top end home hifi i have a great speaker based system and planar headphone setup at home I'm always at gigs. I know what sounds good. As soon as my USB HEC module and bluetooth controller turn up from germany and the install is finished ill be begging nick for a lesson. And US$300 is AU$500. The Australian distributor of audiotech fisher who was an installer and tuner says he guesses there might be 1 or 2 tuners in Oz who could do as good a tune in a car as Nick could do remote. He's got a serious international reputation. Jesus christ how often do you get to be taught by someone like that? FFS it's a no brainer. Cheers sam.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts