DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
(mic still hasn't turned up :( hopefully it's still cool if I message you about your services after the 31st!)

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
(mic still hasn't turned up :( hopefully it's still cool if I message you about your services after the 31st!)
no worries

Reactions: spiff39

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Nick, have you done much work with the Mini and Dirac?

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Nick, have you done much work with the Mini and Dirac?
No. Whats the point if dirac is an auto tune?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
No. Whats the point if dirac is an auto tune?

The point is quite simple: walking someone through the Dirac process, analyzing the results with REW and then tweaking them based on your expertise and experience.
Auto tune doesn't mean the DSP comes with a robot that physically does the whole process for you, fyi... ;)
I paid someone to do it for me, and I am really glad I did!

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bumping this. Long story short, I want a new car, and it looks like im going to have to work my ass off to get it. Remote Tuning is now available again. Just to reiterate the rules again...

1) you have GOOD internet where your car is parked
2) you have a laptop that isn't slow, and is ready to go with Room EQ Wizard and Teamviewer already downloaded on it. Both are free
3) you have a measurement microphone
4) you are competent enough to pause a track, play a track, and hold a microphone
5) you have a phone to call me on. If you arent in the US, you need to have FB messenger.
6) you have a DSP that isn't a buggy POS that will make me want to jam forks into my eyes
7) you have $300+ in your Paypal or venmo ready to go. $300 is the minimum, and goes up from there if you have rear speakers, want a 2 seat tune, etc etc..

and most importantly... DO NOT COME TO ME IF YOUR INSTALL IS NOT 100% READY! Doors not deadened yet? do not message me. "hey my install will be done in 2 weeks, can we do it then?".. don't do that. Gains not set yet? do not message me. "i have a minor problem with Xyz but its ok I'll figure it out after".. do not message me. Integrated into the OEM system but didnt do it properly ( i can verify that)... do not message me. I think you get it..

If you think that price is too much, tough. Learn on your own then. Its less than what i charge for a tune at the shop, which i think is only fair to you considering you arent getting my ears on it as well as verifying that the install is correct.

Another thing, i am only offering this in the mornings and evenings. by that i mean between 8am-10am, and 8pm-11pm eastern time. Dates are currently open ended.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
what's the new car?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
cool cars

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
cool cars
Now let me as YOU this, since you are essentially my target market. If you showed up to my shop, not knowing much about me and I sat you in a 2016+ Golf R.. would it translate to you? would it feel relatable? What about a 2017+ Hyundai Genesis G80? Golf R is the one I really have my eye on, but that G80 is pretty nice too.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Haven't you been following......Porsche can only relate to a Porsche.....lol

No matter the car, I think your install ability will speak for itself. It could be a Honda Accord or Dodge Ram or anything in between and you would sell based on how well you integrate the system.....best in the business. Nah, make it a Tesla Model S with Ludicrous....lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Delorean with 1.21 gigawatts would impress me. The car to attract the local people shouldn't matter as long as you make other people's local audio guy look inferior in every way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you do a dsr1. Would I need to run the software on Android x86 in a VM on the PC with team viewer.

Or could you talk me through the clikrty click

·
Listener of Music
3,330 Posts
I think any loaded mid range car with your install skills would connect with either side of the market spending line. Your choices are right on par in my opinion.

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Can you do a dsr1. Would I need to run the software on Android x86 in a VM on the PC with team viewer.

Or could you talk me through the clikrty click
Nope

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Because it's shit you don't like it r you want the PC connection with no issues
I'd prefer pc connection with no issues. Its also been a while since I've tuned one of those. Shoot me a message and maybe we can figure something out.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts