DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what everyone's opinion is on removing the rigid foam typically installed on door trim panels? In the past I've removed it not realizing its a safety feature. I plan to keep it on my door trim this time around but I may add some treatments to it if it might cause any vibe/noise.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Can you link to any information describing it's safety purposes?

The foam blocks behind my door trim panels were protruding to the interior of the door cavity. I removed them so that the holes they were protruding through could be covered over & sealed up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is more commonly used to brace the door card from the inner door skin to limit flex. I wouldn’t want removing safety structures on my conscience.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It is more commonly used to brace the door card from the inner door skin to limit flex.
This is basically the only function the foam that I removed out of my doors was serving to my understanding. It was in between the door trim card and the "formed plug" that was covering the hole in the inner skin. So basically holding that plug into place and at the same time reducing flex in the trim card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts