DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all. Been away a bit and enjoying my setup but always looking to improve and change it up to try new things! My question is in my front stage in my grand Cherokee. Currently running Audiocintrol dm608 dsp to a 4 channel arc ks 300.4 running active. The speakers are morel tempo ultra 6x9 component set. Amp is old and inky but works great still. Never an issue.
I was just curious about trying a new 4 ch active w them. I’d like to keep it u see $650. Some that I’m thinking of would be

1. hertz hcp4dk new
2. Audison sr 4.500 new
3. Diamond hx600.4 used

would any of these be a good upgrade? Waste of money??
Other suggestions?

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
The only one of those IMO that might be considered an upgrade is the Audison.
If the Arc is working; speakers would help improve/change your sound moreso than switching amps.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you got me thinking. My initial thought was adding a little more power and clean power at that, would get me a little louder upfront to blend with my subwoofer stage a little more. I know I could turn my subwoofers down, but who wants to do that! Overall I’m pretty happy with the sound of the entire system. I’m just always looking to improve! As far as improving on the front speakers, I wouldn’t know what to do. I really like the 6 x 9 component because of the mid base that they add. Audiofrog gs693 and gs10 separates have intrigued me. Any experience with them anyone? I still like the idea of the diamond or audison amp too....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bridge the Arc on mid bass and get an good 2 channel tweeter amp? Just an idea if you are looking for more power

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
The arc is going to handle the fronts as well as any amp. I would stay with it unless you feel you need more power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bridge the Arc on mid bass and get an good 2 channel tweeter amp? Just an idea if you are looking for more power
this is a pretty good idea to try a 2 ch amp for tweeters shouldn't be very expensive and dont need a ton of power either.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is intriguing. I didn’t think of that. Only issue is my amp board mounted in back 1/4 panel has very limited space. Is there a small good amp anyone likes for tweets only? Also, excuse my ignorance but in a component set that’s 4 ohm, woofer and tweeter are each 4 ohm? Lastly if sets rated at 140rms each how do I know how much of that 140 is good for tweeter? I know each can handle more if it’s nice clean power, but suggestions? Should I look for about 75-100 rms for teeeters? Thanks everyone. You all have my mind spinning haaaaa

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not sure impedance of your tweeters . Theres threads that discuss power requirements/consumption for tweeters and it’s not alot. Soundstream D60ii is a small footprint and the old Sony (Japan) XM 3020, 4020, 4520 etc..There’s many amp too choose from but the ones listed I have used
I an using and like this one, if’s a 4 channel but if it fits, good. Hopefully others can recommend a good amp for tweeters that’s new. The old Soundstream and Sony’s are good if you can find one in decent condition for a good price.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about a Mosconi d2 100.4 dsp? Is that an upgrade over the Arc ks300? I’m not sure if that would be a good investment because I wouldn’t really use the DSP part of it, since I’m already using the audio control DSP. Although I’m not familiar with those amps I know they’re supposed to be great. I could either replace the arc and use that to run the entire front stage active, or use the arc on the meds and that on the tweeters. That may be overkill. Idk.

I’m all over the place. I love the Morel 692 and just want more of them. Not even sure there is even any more to get out of them....but they handle the Arc amp with ease active.

So the way I see it here are my three options right now to make a change to front stage . All run through audio control dm608 dsp.

I’d get for any changes is 500-700 max

1. Bridge the arc audio for channel and power the front woofers from the moral set, and get a separate amp for the tweeters. Which amp?

2. Replace arc with either the audison sr 4.500 or mosconi d2 100.4 dsp and power woofers and tweets

3. Keep the Arc powering fronts and get new 6x9 components to replace Morel. I’m set on 6x9 and know options are limited. I love the extra mid bass over a 6.5. Suggestions.

I know all this is subjective and opinions differ but I like professional input! I am not aware of any shops local that carry anything other than jl kicker alpine etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What exactly do you feel like you're lacking in the KS 300.4? FWIW I just sold my Mosconi D2 DSP because it didn't make the amount of power I want on my mid bass. It's not going to be audibly more powerful than the Arc and is not bridgeable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess more volume and keeping same sq or better. Thanks for the info on mosconi. That’s out. I think the audison is 125 per channel and the arc is 90. I’m not sure that would be too noticeable?? If something maybe 150/channel was more impactful I was thinking the diamond hx600.4.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have a ks900.6 for sale you could bridge to a high power 4 channel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That amp is too big to fit in my space allotted unfortunately. I like the idea though! How could it be bridges to 4 channels? Wouldn’t it bridge to 3 channel w 5 and 6 acting like a sub channel?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Channel 5 and 6 will do about 160W each at 4ohms, ch1-2 and ch3-4 bridged are spec'd at 120W bridged at 4 ohms but they're closer to 190W.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts