DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had an Audison AP Forza 8.9 for a few years now. I really don't have any complaints at all. However, I replaced my Audiocontrol LC-1.800 with a Helix M One X (happy birthday to me) and now I'm looking at the M Six DSP to replace my Audison. I played around with the DSP software and all I can say is "WOW"! It makes the Audison software look outdated and the amount of control you have over your system trumps the Audison in every way. Don't get me wrong...the Audison does what it's meant to do but the tinkerer in me wants more.

I am in the middle of installing a 3 way active front stage so all I need is the 6 channels. For those that have dealt with both dsps, will I regret ditching the Forza with the M 6???

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that's really good to know. Other than loosing a couple channels of amplification, I just don't see any negatives of the Helix over the Audison.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Well that's really good to know. Other than loosing a couple channels of amplification, I just don't see any negatives of the Helix over the Audison.

You can convert the APF8.9 to a 6-hannel Amp, real easy, that's what I did and am now pumping 260w to my woofers...!

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is exactly what my current setup is...2 way active front stage with a couple 10s each being fed 260 watts a piece.

It's the complexity of the DSP software that has me nerding out big time.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Cool, I have mine powering a 3-way set up and a separate mono amp for the sub...

· Registered
292 Posts
I just went from a Helix PSix to an Audison AP F 8.9. The Audison is better and offers just as much control, I much prefer the Helix software interface especially the equaliser adjustment section but so far the Audison software has worked all the time every time. The Helix software only works when it wants to. Plus the Audison can be bridged and is smaller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.