DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Replace cradle with bluetooth

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  finbar 
#1 ·
Please forgive the very Newbie type question but wondered if the following is possible.
My son has just brought a car with a wired in phone cradle for a nokia 6310 (yes that old.....). He would like to switch the cradle out and use the wiring controls on a bluetooth solution which he can pair his phone to. This sounds simple in theory but I'm guessing it won't be in reality.
Would really appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks
spike

#2 ·
not sure what you are asking. bluetooth is, obviously, wireless. Does he want the cradle to charge the phone or just hold it? What will the bluetooth connect to?

#3 · (Edited)
I installed an aftermarket bluetooth module in a 2001 Lexus RX300 last Sunday.
It hooked up to and is controlled by the factory radio with the help of an added harness. Plug and play.

It took about 20 minutes to install.

There's a youtube vid of the procedure, there may be one for your car.

There may be a similar solution for your son's car, if that's what you're after.

#4 ·
Sorry, he would like to lose the cradle but maybe use the wiring connections to fit a bluetooth receiver. So no cradle but somewhere (maybe hidden) in the dashboard is bluetooth receiver which allows the phone to function as if it was in the cradle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.