DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Premier FH-800BT
ID Xs-65 components (thinking about an upgrade, something in the $500 range)
300/4
12w6v2
500/1

My 300/4 is acting up on me. I've narrowed it down to something with the RCA connector inside the amp. I've read about bad solder joints causing this problem, but regardless, I'm ready to ditch it and get something new.

I run the 300/4 bridged as a 2ch to power my front components. My sub is powered by a 500/1.

I'm considering these three options and hope you guys can give me some opinions for which one I should go with.

1. JL 300/2 - Pretty much the same thing as the 300/4, but I haven't read about as many problems with these. Maybe because they aren't as common as 300/4? This would be the cheapest and easiest option for me, just a direct swap.

2. JL 900/5 - I could bridge to 2ch and get a little more power to my fronts, drop down to a smaller foot print and cleaner install.

3. Audison Lrx 3.1 or 5.1 - 3.1 seems hard to find, but it would be a PERFECT match for my setup, giving me more power all the way around.

The HD and Audison are both in the same price range used, so basically I'm looking at going bigger and fancier, or getting away cheap with no upgrade with the 300/2.

All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I know the slash series from JL came out a while back. But how long have you had it or how old is it? Am just wondering because my 4503IQ is about 15years old and still works like new. It may have been in a closet here and there but I've been using it for about a year now and no problems.

And if you know for sure its the RCA solder connection, I would fix it myself (lol, yourself). Instead of spending 300 bucks for another amp. If you dont have the tools or patience, have an electronics repair shop do it am pretty sure they wont charge more than 20 bucks to resolder it.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
If you're just ready for a change, I think the HD900/5 would be great and it can fit under a seat if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts