DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking a the CBR44S distribution bloc made by Streetwires and that would be exactly de perfect distro bloc for me. Bad news is it is really hard to find one (unless someone want to sell me one :)

So i'm kind of looking for the best way to distribute my power:

this is what I would have

+ (would like to have a fused distro bloc for):
1 /0awg input from battery
3 x 4awg output (3 amplifiers) and one small awg output (for h701)

- (ground part)
3 x 4awg input (3 amplifiers) and one small awg input (for h701)
1/0awg output to battery

What would my best, cleanest and cheapest option( I mean cheap by not buying 3 x 75$ each distro bloc), let's say if possible close to 50$ can be a little bit more.

thanks for your suggestions

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is kind of nice and fast.. but expensive :)

now that we have the best, anybody has cheaper alternative.. or maybe knows where to get the Audisson SFD41C cheaper thant 70$ each

thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
i believe im the only one watching this thread.

lol

but i believe their is one made by tsunami as well.

i forget its name.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just made more research like we always should do before psoting new thread, damns jsut found this thread..

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ere-get-audison-gear-sfd41c-specifically.html

and this one

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ami-4-pos-neg-fused-distro-block-15-ship.html

cheapest solutions would be

Tsunami V10PG4-MANL for positive wire
TSUNAMI

+
Tsunami X15DB14 or other distro like this for ground
TSUNAMI

thanks for all the answers, this thread have been helpfull and fast for me..

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Be very, very careful with the Stinger models. I installed a 2 fuse version and we ran into pure hell with it when the power block section and the ground block section TOUCHED each other when we were tightening up the fuses. they moved just a tiny, tiny bit and contacted, which blew the fuses and damn near arc-welded the fuse block.

For this reason (it happened twice, BTW!), I'll never buy it again. Eventually we put a piece of shrink-wrap in between the ground and power sections, so they wouldn't try to touch each other. Stupid design, IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be very, very careful with the Stinger models. I installed a 2 fuse version and we ran into pure hell with it when the power block section and the ground block section TOUCHED each other when we were tightening up the fuses. they moved just a tiny, tiny bit and contacted, which blew the fuses and damn near arc-welded the fuse block.

For this reason (it happened twice, BTW!), I'll never buy it again. Eventually we put a piece of shrink-wrap in between the ground and power sections, so they wouldn't try to touch each other. Stupid design, IMO.

hum good to know..

·
Registered
483 Posts
mistake in my opinion :(

when you get it, have a look at the part the power wire goes into.

there's a screw in there, take the screw out and look at how much actual contact there is between your power wire and the busbar.

tsunami's are made the same way, makes them universal so they can just change out the power wire input to accomodate different size input wires.

just do it, you'll see what I mean.

I spent 6 months trying to diagnose why my system would randomly just shut down, truns out the contact in the is about the size of a 12awg wire, with any kind of condensation or temperature change, poof, no system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interesting, i'll try it and let people know, if it doent not work will just change it for another one then...

if I check I see the busbar on the positive side is smaller than in the negative side..

how much amp power where you pulling out of it?

·
Registered
5,703 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Another option is the BlueSeas distro blocks.

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
943 Posts
thx for the link I will be buying one now as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts