DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Would aiming one to the left side & one to the right be good or should I try for something different
Maybe you could canabilise that current box as a test box and try a few options?

Reactions: loycribbssr

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
201 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I think you'd want the ports on the same plane near each other

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The way it's situated, I'm going to bring both ports out the passenger side of the box & turn 2 - 90's on each h let the tubes lay right on the top of the box aiming at the driver side rear door. Should I deduct the length of 90xs & adapters (8" - 10" per port) or still leave the pipes 42" long which will lengthen the ports?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
The way it's situated, I'm going to bring both ports out the passenger side of the box & turn 2 - 90's on each h let the tubes lay right on the top of the box aiming at the driver side rear door. Should I deduct the length of 90xs & adapters (8" - 10" per port) or still leave the pipes 42" long which will lengthen the ports?
Are the 90s part of the port?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Yes they are part of port so deduct the center to center dimensions right?
Filling them with water to measure their volume, could be an easy method?

it could look like a rotisserie with a port going out each end.

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
201 Posts
Filling them with water is an old redneck way and it works lol. I think if you got a close rough estimate with a tape measure you'd do just fine though

Chad's initial dayton ho 10 had 2 ports coming out of the box and wrapping, looked goofy but it worked

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would say err on the side of too long, that will end up lower the tuning frequency a little which will just help the bottom end even more.
And really, why wouldn't a plumber fill them with water to determine volume (grin)

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Filling them with water is an old redneck way and it works lol. I think if you got a close rough estimate with a tape measure you'd do just fine though
Filling them with draino could be caustic ;)

I guess the OP decided against the PR?

Reactions: Caustic

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Got the ports in, was kind of late so I really couldn't turn it up too loud to reach it's potential but I did see z big difference in the bottom end at low volume. The ports actually aren't as bad looking as I thought lol, might pull the box, paint them, & leave it for a while lol. At least till I can take the time to build a nice box without rushing. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
That is good plumbing work. It looks tidy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thsnks. I can't believe it actually still fits under the seat lol. Had to work today & haven't had time to adjust it all out but man what s difference already. Can't wait to get home and properly adjust it & see what it sounds like.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts