DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you notice anything funny/inconsistent please report it here. I'm still working on setting up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
mid way through the day yesterday, everytime I tried to access the forum, it gave me a "Forbidden" error. Not a "Page cannot be found", but actually an error saying I was not allowed to access the site (not a problem with my network, other sites worked).

not that I'm complaining....awesome free resource for information

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
why the forum change anyway?? just wondering

Im pretty sure the 403 was dude to npdang updating the site

the new site looks like caraudio.com now--hope there arent the same logon issues they have over there

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 403 error wasn't from upgrading... it was from the web host crashing.

Forum change for more stability, speed, and features such as uploading pics and attachments, better interface for PM's, admin control, etc.

The logon problems with Carsound is because the owner restricted how many users can be logged in at one time, not because of the board software.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I beleive the rep number is a daily post average... Overall I like the new look, and the new forum software seems to have some new features but I'll have to to a little more exploring before I know for sure.

No complaints about the switch though.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
newtitan said:
so what are these "rep points" ive never noticed that before?
It's a way for users to rate other users. You can vote people 3 times a day, and the amount you add or take from their reputation (the green bubble = 50 rep points) is based on your own reputation, how long you've been a member, and how many posts you have (rep power).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.