DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided I want to mount the 2 amplifiers to the backseat of my Mazda 3 Hatch.

I've already taken a look at the backseats, and they both have a metal plate completely covering the entire back portion of the seat. So, I could just screw the amps directly to the seat using self-tapping metal screws.

I've also read that it's a good idea to stick a piece of wood in between the amp and the seat, just in case.

My question - is it better to

A) Carpet a measured and cut piece of wood, and run a screw through the wood into the seat (above the seat carpet)
B) Slide the piece of wood under the seat carpet, and screw it through the wood and into the seat

I have all materials (carpet, wood, etc.) ready to go so it doesn't really matter as far as that goes, I just want to do it the most professional way possible.

Also, if putting a piece of wood under the seat carpet is the better idea, what type of wood should I use? I imagine something thin is ideal, as that wouldn't cause much of a "hump" in the car seat carpet.

And does it really matter if it's MDF/Plywood/etc for this application?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it was me I would cut a peace of wood the shape of the amps and drill recess into the wood for the sheet metal screws and use separate screws for the amp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts