DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Man I have searched all over for this and of coarse I find right in the same place I find everything. Shoulda searched diyma first. I'll learn.
So if I bought my xxx's oct. 09 are they the same as these.

·
Registered
509 Posts
^^ I have re v1 XXX mids and love the midbass output!

so were these advertised as actual 7" drivers?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love mine too. But I have been wanting to try them sealed, that's why I've been searching for the t/s parameters. I asked re for them and all they could give me was a fr graph.

Have u (s4turn) seen some of the YouTube vids of these things just floating. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
509 Posts
yeah they go pretty nuts

I was currently running mine down to 50hz @ 24db/oct
have brought it up to 63~hz now as I like to really crank it

I think if I had a proper enclosure for these, they would easily run lower

a guyon talkaudio reckoned they could play down to 40hz easily in a sealed box
between 6-8L for the enclosure

I do have the T/S parameters from RE somewhere as well

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ya I have mine to 63 hz at 24 db in a two way.
I can't wait to see how they do as midbass' in a 3 way. (soon).
I feel like if I can get them in a descent enclosure they will really be great.

If u ever come across those t/s's I would really appreciate it, or if u remember where u found them.

Keep me in mind if u have any tips.

Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im not sure which ones I have, they have neo mags. They worked very well for midbass!!!! Im running four of them for subs in a ported box , in my Tundra. They are lowpassed at 80 they do pretty good for subs. They play pretty good down low.

·
Registered
509 Posts
some work mates heard my system and couldnt hear the sub in the back! the thought it was coming from the front! :p and told me its all wrong! haha

taken from talk audio
RE: 1.75 Ohms
Fs: 47.4 Hz
Qms: 2.33
Qes: 0.59
Qts: 0.473
Mms: 15.04 g
Cms: 7.505E-04
Vas: 21.49 ltr
1- way Xmax: 13mm linear (verified via Klippel)
Le: 0.14mH
Bl: 3.636 t/m
Power: 150wrms
Spl: 87.75 dB 1W/1m

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks so much.

Hope u get that bass problem fixed so your buddies don't have to hear all that music mixed in with thier bass! Ha. I deal with the same stuff, friends will say "what should I get?" and when I say things like don't waste money on rear speakers yet, or u should have a way to do t/a, or look at Dayton, seas, scanspeak. They're like what u mean no rear speakers, what's t/a I don't need that, and I don't want home speakers I want rockfords or kickers. (nothing against those co.) What's soundstage? Listen how loud these go. As there coaxials scream at my shins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.