DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
you cant start a business if you have no capital. the moment they said prepay and we will build it was a major warning, i said that and got flamed by many. way to easy to spend the money, especially when the guy asking has a history of being a con man.

i actually wanted to use there amps because of gordon, but after talking to matt and listening to his BS and wanting everything prepaid up front i said i would pass, than got kicked off there "private" fb page and than got told by many on here that i was full of crap.

good riddance to that dude but he will be back with an excuse and he will be accepted like he has been in the past

Reactions: KillerBox

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
So gotta ask... what happened to Matt Hall? Is he still around? Did he ever get what's coming to him?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
you cant start a business if you have no capital. the moment they said prepay and we will build it was a major warning, i said that and got flamed by many. way to easy to spend the money, especially when the guy asking has a history of being a con man.

i actually wanted to use there amps because of gordon, but after talking to matt and listening to his BS and wanting everything prepaid up front i said i would pass, than got kicked off there "private" fb page and than got told by many on here that i was full of crap.

good riddance to that dude but he will be back with an excuse and he will be accepted like he has been in the past
I agree, I see audio companies (mostly SPL type brands) doing these “pre order” things that say once enough pre orders are ordered they will be manufactured and filled.. like what? Seriously? Super shady.

I will say this. I do not know much about this situation, but Gordon Taylor is an amazing guy. I have talked to a few amp companies via email about their products when I was shopping and let’s just say there was a couple companies that the guys running the company had ZERO clue behind the engineering that went into their amplifiers.

I’m not an expert, but I do have some electronics experience. I have an associates degree in electronics technology and am currently in school to get a bachelors in electrical engineering so from a design standpoint I don’t know much… but I know much more than a normal person does and I can
tell if someone I am talking to knows what they are talking about or not.

Gordon is extremely smart and personally knows himself the detailed engineering behind his amplifiers and can design, modify, upgrade almost any brand of amplifier. Talking with him made me dead set on owning Genesis amplifiers purely out of the exceptional engineering behind the products.

Basically what I’m saying is Gordon has the smarts and training to likely make damn good money, so I couldn’t imagine him doing anything shady to score a buck.

·
Registered
824 Posts
now nick, are you sure, when they first started the "preorder and pay up front" way of doing business i called them on it, got slammed by a lot of guys on this forum, i hate to say it but I TOLD YA SO

sucks tho, matt is a thief but many still supports, gordon at fault to because it was known way before this company was founded that matt was a thief and unethical
I learned the hard way over 20 years ago to never put a deposit on a pre-order.

I called out Bolland about his actives & had to listen to his fanboys for months before he did the same thing.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I agree, I see audio companies (mostly SPL type brands) doing these “pre order” things that say once enough pre orders are ordered they will be manufactured and filled.. like what? Seriously? Super shady.

I will say this. I do not know much about this situation, but Gordon Taylor is an amazing guy. I have talked to a few amp companies via email about their products when I was shopping and let’s just say there was a couple companies that the guys running the company had ZERO clue behind the engineering that went into their amplifiers.

I’m not an expert, but I do have some electronics experience. I have an associates degree in electronics technology and am currently in school to get a bachelors in electrical engineering so from a design standpoint I don’t know much… but I know much more than a normal person does and I can
tell if someone I am talking to knows what they are talking about or not.

Gordon is extremely smart and personally knows himself the detailed engineering behind his amplifiers and can design, modify, upgrade almost any brand of amplifier. Talking with him made me dead set on owning Genesis amplifiers purely out of the exceptional engineering behind the products.

Basically what I’m saying is Gordon has the smarts and training to likely make damn good money, so I couldn’t imagine him doing anything shady to score a buck.
i agree about gordon, i do however still say he's responsible, when you start a business or anything that has your name behind it than you are responsible as well for everything with it, good and bad. you have to know who you are in business with just like you do in a marriage, etc. there was many warning signs about matt and why anyone would trust him is amazing just like the guys on this forum defending him when i questioned there business model. 30 years ago i can understand to a point about knowing something but in todays age with GOOGLE its pretty damn simple

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i agree about gordon, i do however still say he's responsible, when you start a business or anything that has your name behind it than you are responsible as well for everything with it, good and bad. you have to know who you are in business with just like you do in a marriage, etc. there was many warning signs about matt and why anyone would trust him is amazing just like the guys on this forum defending him when i questioned there business model. 30 years ago i can understand to a point about knowing something but in todays age with GOOGLE its pretty damn simple

Very true you can find a lot of stuff on Google and even more through companies like Dun & Bradstreet regarding previous payment delinquencies. And then customer reports on better business bureau and many other sources. In today’s world there is little excuse to not know who you are doing business with.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Listen to the Matt Hall episode on SQology podcast. A real douche.

Feel sorry for Gordon as he is a good guy, but also got sold a lie by Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Human (not a robot)
2,455 Posts
I don't know anything about this guy either but deleting a comment about your wife is nothing weird. Maybe she asked him to. But ...the comment was nothing unless there was an inside joke about the hole on that donut...or something.....
I think the reason it was called out is because the guy was in relationships with other women while he is/was married so he removed the comment about her existence. If you look at the rest of the page that's mostly what it's about him being a womanizer; the car audio portion is just a small snippet on that site.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I think the reason it was called out is because the guy was in relationships with other women while he is/was married so he removed the comment about her existence. If you look at the rest of the page that's mostly what it's about him being a womanizer; the car audio portion is just a small snippet on that site.
like i said, no morals/ethics

·
Registered
153 Posts
After checking out this thread, and having read Matt Hall's amp reviews quite a while ago, I did a search on him. Seems he's been ripping off people since at least before 2009 on DIYMA, and even going back to the ECA days. Many of you probably know this already.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Oh....lol that's worse than it looked like.
He's trying to get them donut holes....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Chiming in, because I own two of the 18 Revelation prototypes that were developed. I also purchased them after the **** show, that was Matt Hall's handling of the business end of the equation.

Gordon Taylor is a straight shooter, handles his business with integrity, and we are fortunate as an enthusiasts community to have someone of his talent developing high end product for our very niche space.

I can say, as the owner of two Madisons, that the prospective buyers of these amplifiers would gotten their investments worth. Gordon, for his part, did in fact hold up his end of the deal, and developed a a very high performance work of art. It's incredibly unfortunate that Matt could not maintain the same level of integrity, and that people ultimately got hurt.

Rectangle Grille Wood Flooring Floor

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
As non-productive as it may seem, this is why I have a hard time believing most of the fluff a lot of people say on these forums. It's almost cult-like with the way people blindly follow others to the point of losing money. I'm not just talking about pre-orders either, but I'll leave that point where it is. I'm enough of a rebel as is and would like to keep living.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
As non-productive as it may seem, this is why I have a hard time believing most of the fluff a lot of people say on these forums. It's almost cult-like with the way people blindly follow others to the point of losing money. I'm not just talking about pre-orders either, but I'll leave that point where it is. I'm enough of a rebel as is and would like to keep living.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
totally agree

Reactions: audiodelic
21 - 35 of 35 Posts