DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've replaced the Audio 15 in my W447 Mercedes Vito with a Sony xav-ax8050d and am using a CANbus interface.

The factory fitted reverse camera works as designed and the unit switches to the reverse camera when reverse is selected. The original steering lines are still overlaid which was a bit of a bonus!

However every so often when driving the reverse camera flicks on for a second or two and then turns off. Sometimes the video signal is blank but often it shows the reverse image which indicates either the head unit, interface or van computer has triggered the camera to pop out. It seems to happen when changing/selecting the lower gears (I have a manual gearbox).

I have checked the wiring, replaced the interface and also added a diode to the reverse signal in case the head unit was sending out a signal rather than just receiving but still have the problem.

Would appreciate any thoughts/ideas about what might be causing the issue.

Many thanks in advance!

· Registered
472 Posts
Could be the transmission actually sending the reverse signal as you're changing gears. I've seen it before.

You may be able to adjust the switch in the transmission.

Or you could try something like a Pac Tr-4 to add a delay to the reverse trigger so momentary pulses wont reach you radio.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or you could try something like a Pac Tr-4 to add a delay to the reverse trigger so momentary pulses wont reach you radio.
That's a great idea - many thanks!

I guess the problem has always been there but the Audio 15 head unit must have had it's own delay logic in it.

I've just ordered one so will report back once I've fitted and tested it.

Thanks again - really is appreciated

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a SONY XAV-1000 with connect2 steering wheel controls, I've plugged in and mounted a reverse camera. the camera has a yellow RCA cable and has two red wires on either end. On the head unit end I've plugged the RCA cable into the video hole and connect the red cable to the "reverse in" trigger wire on the other end I've spliced it to a red cable that's also spliced to the reverse lamp. the last, black cable is spliced to the negative black on the reverse lamp. it works fine when i go onto the screen and click reverse camera and i'm in reverse gear. but it doesn't automatically come on when i'm on the home page and go into reverse. please help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.