(714)817-8282

JT Audio and Accessories - Automotive Customizing

Specific Contact:

JT

Work Done:

I asked JT to install/fabricate in my 2009 Civic SI sedan the following:

1. Install Audible Physics Nz3-A/ATs in custom A-pillar/pods
  2. Install a pair of JL Audio ZR800-CW midbass drivers in kickpanels
I initially discussed the work with JT on Oct. 7, 2012 during MECA CA State Finals. From the onset, JT took the time to answer my questions both via email and phone. In both our experience, email is best since JT and I were able to track everything quickly and easily. He is a great person to work with, humorous at times and very easy and laid back. The best part is I never felt any pressure, and he would give me his honest opinion and would never push me toward one direction or another trying to persuade me to go with one product vs. something else.

The install is top notch. Hopefully, the quality and craftsmanship is apparent in the pics, but to see these in person is even more spectacular IMHO. The best part for me is the fact that the look and feel blends into the vehicle, and it has been complimented numerous times that it looks factory and OEM, which I think is often times harder to do than an install with flash. Oh, it also sounds amazing :D.

A-pillars with the Audible Physics Nz3-A/ATs

Kickpanels with JL Audio ZR800-CW

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
202 Posts
very nice install, are you using the Audible Physics Nz3-A/ATs as a wide band with no tweeter? how do they blend? is the top end enough to go without tweets in your opinion?

thanks

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice install, are you using the Audible Physics Nz3-A/ATs as a wide band with no tweeter? how do they blend? is the top end enough to go without tweets in your opinion?

thanks
The intent of my review is more targeted toward the quality of the install...but for your questions which are focused mostly towards the Nz3-A/AT, I suggest checking in the Nz3-A/AT thread as that would probably be better place to ask these questions with the many others that are using them. But check your PM as I have sent you info there as well :).

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Another great install by John. And yes he is a great person for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also just got some work done with JT and he did a fantastic job on my 2013 Ford Fusion. He installed the following:

2 Diamond audio D6 1000.1's
1 Diamond audio D6 600.4
2 Diamond audio D9 TDX 10's
Audio Control EQS

As you can see in the pictures below, he did a great job! I am very happy with the results. If you are looking for an honest person to work on your car and your in the area, I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was his final cost? What was his hourly rate, and time to complete the work? Does he have his own shop? Nice work!
Cost was something fair that he and I worked out ahead of time. I would suggest you contact JT directly and I would imagine a lot of it has to do with what you want or need.

The pillars he completed in about 3 days IIRC. It was quite impressive IMHO since it turned out more complex with them being sealed and with the time available being fixed (he did it during our family vacation - I live in NorCal).

The kicks he completed in a span of a couple of weeks where I dropped off the car, flew home, and flew back.

JT did the work out of his garage (ex-Bing style). He used to do this work in his own shop, but due to a family constraint, he is set up to do everything (equally well) from his garage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cost was something fair that he and I worked out ahead of time. I would suggest you contact JT directly and I would imagine a lot of it has to do with what you want or need.

The pillars he completed in about 3 days IIRC. It was quite impressive IMHO since it turned out more complex with them being sealed and with the time available being fixed (he did it during our family vacation - I live in NorCal).

The kicks he completed in a span of a couple of weeks where I dropped off the car, flew home, and flew back.

JT did the work out of his garage (ex-Bing style). He used to do this work in his own shop, but due to a family constraint, he is set up to do everything (equally well) from his garage.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am in search of someone in Southern CA who would sound proof my car, being knowledgeable with the use of all the technologies available. :)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some additional pictures of some recent work that JT Audio performed on my wife's car. We are happy (repeat) customers :).

The car is a 2009 Smart ForTwo, not your typical SQ vehicle ;). Most of this is copy/paste from her build log.

Goals:
1. Achieve a high level of sound quality while maintaining a classy look with impeccable attention to detail.
2. Incorporate an iPad mini as the source unit.
3. Continue with the theme of no loss of trunk space.

As with my Civic, I reached out to John of JT Audio and Accessories to help make the install portion all happen. I'll let him chime in if he'd like to say the number of times he probably told us "you want me to do what?" :eek:. Yes, I know, we gave him the smallest production car in the US and wanted him to do quite a few things that I'm sure have never been done before in a Smart car. :laugh:

I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but every time he sent us an update, our jaws just dropped. Wow, amazing, awesome were words often used :D.

Ok, let's start off with the source unit as mentioned. iPad mini integrated seamlessly into the dash. Alpine RUX-C800 installed right below it. For those not familiar with the Smart, there's usually the controls for hazard, power door locks, and TPMS indicator right below the HU. The controls have been expertly relocated under the steering wheel.

with a couple build pics

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next, an Alpine H800 installed in the left rear quarter panel.

with a couple quick build pics

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moving onto possibly the most difficult part of the build, or at least one of the two ;), here's the new and improved sub stage.

Pop off the grill and behind it you will find an Illusion Audio C12XL. :eek:

Remove the protective cover and you will find what JT indicated as "easily one of the hardest boxes i've ever built".

...and one build pic.

For those with discerning eyes, you'll be able to see how the proper airspace was achieved (hint: I'm not referring to the stuffing). :surprised:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the front stage changes, went with the Illusion Audio Carbon C5 CX.

...so call it a 2.1 front stage :D

and here's a few build pics

and putting it all together:

I cannot underscore how extremely pleased we are with the build quality and outcome.

More build pics on JT's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/jtaudioacc

1 - 20 of 92 Posts