DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in several places the emphasis on a cap inline to the ribbons. What if I'm using an active Xover in a HU? Is it still recommended to use an inline cap? I'm rebuilding my system and have already bought Focal Utopia 6.5" mids. I'm looking seriously at the LCY 130 ribbons. I haven't decided on amps yet, but my old PG MPH-6300 will be retired. My current deck, Pioneer, has active Xover ability which I'm not using right now and the deck I'm looking to get, Eclipse, also has the acitve Xover in it. So I'll be rewiring for that as soon as I buy a tweet and rebuild my front stage. I just need to know if I should still buy a cap when I buy the tweets or if that problem is taken care of with the active Xover in the HU.

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, my HU will handle that. But regardless of what cap I put inline, it's going to have a crossover effect. At some point, it will mix with the active xover of the HU and the slope will change, and with it the phasing. I'm just curious how that's going to play out in the long run? Will it be an issue and if so, what would be a good way fix it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.