DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Listener of Music
2,919 Posts
I just was working on tickets to his hall of fame enshrinement....

I went to his last playoff game, last one at Staples, 5 of 7 against LeBron,
Been to more than I can count and I live in NY. Great ambassador of the game and youth involvement. By every account one of the hardest workers to ever play a sport

He is my favorite athlete of all time...
I grew up watching him...
I'm devastated....

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ME to I grew up watching him, we are born on the same day..he was a man among men, I am just praying that his kids were not on board as they are starting to report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Listener of Music
2,919 Posts
He didn't deserve to go out like that. Watching his daughter die. His daughter looking at him wondering why. I can't even imagine his family now. I'm so sorry

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He didn't deserve to go out like that. Watching his daughter die. His daughter looking at him wondering why. I can't even imagine his family now. I'm so sorry
No parent should ever have to watch one of there children die and knowing nothing u can do to change anything...so sad

·
Listener of Music
2,919 Posts
A lot of people don't understand a passionate sports fan. He had 17+ years of regular season games (accounting some for time off) and seasons worth of playoff and USA game. I watched 1000+ of them. A few hours a piece. That's 3000+ hours of high emotions intentionally given to a player. We don't have that much emotional interaction with anyone else but our kids and and significant others. Some that is as passionate as we ever get in life. What happens to someone we've never met (usually)
actually matters deep down inside to people that love a sport

·
Registered
290 Posts
A lot of people don't understand a passionate sports fan. He had 17+ years of regular season games (accounting some for time off) and seasons worth of playoff and USA game. I watched 1000+ of them. A few hours a piece. That's 3000+ hours of high emotions intentionally given to a player. We don't have that much emotional interaction with anyone else but our kids and and significant others. Some that is as passionate as we ever get in life. What happens to someone we've never met (usually)
actually matters deep down inside to people that love a sport
I agree, and the same can be said for music fans. 👍

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he was my favorite nba player ever, I am a die hard sport fan in general, I grew up watching kobe, trying to immulate kobe, he was just the greatest competitor ever...he would lookk at u and tell u what he was going to do to u and u still couldnt stop him...i have had my kobe lower merion high school jersey on all day...rip kobe

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on initial reports of the crash it looks like the pilot just flew straight into the mountain. Do u believe the pilot should have not flown? Also do u think if it he wasnt flying Kobe Bryant and maybe just a regular joe he would have said no to flying in that weather but because it was Kobe he wanted to go ahead and fly. Either way I am absolutely crushed, just dont understand why he was flying that fast in the fog and it was reported he still didnt slow down after narrowly missing another mountain just before crashing. IMO this should have not happend, I would be alot more comfortable with the situation if it was mechanical but not pilot error do the fog and the flying conditions #RIPMAMBA

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
What I’ve read multiple times now is that after ascending to a higher altitude, the aircraft started descending at 4,000 ft/min before the crash. Also, someone on the ground mentioned hearing sputtering right before the crash. So I don’t think the pilot flew right into the mountain. But I agree it is still too soon to say for sure but I hope it isn’t such a simple mistake.

And yeah, they probably shouldn’t have been flying but who knows how people are that want to get somewhere on time. Maybe the pilot succumbed to pressure to get Kobe to the event on time, whether that was actual pressure by Kobe or just perceived pressure by the pilot. Who knows how that played into it.

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agee about reserving judgement but most of the time when there is a debris field as such it means that the aircraft went nose first straight into the mountain and also new york time are reporting saying that they have sources that the pilot was in control of the helicopter, I dont know its just breaks my heart, I just wish they never flew..hopefully the black box will tell the story

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
The fact that there were no law enforcement aircraft even operating due to low visibility and low ceiling suggests a bad decision on the party of victims. Hate to be that guy because lives are lost, but at no time should anyone be under that much pressure to risk not only their life, but the lives of others. They simply had no business out there and I hate to see it resulted in such tragedy when it could have been prevented by a simple "no". That's probably the most painful part. Same thing with Aaliyah. Warned that the plane was loaded over weight but they insisted.. ughhh. Why...just why???

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
There is no black box the NTSB says and its pretty apparent now after there news conference the pilot climbed above a cloud layer and rapidly descended for some reason....basically pilot became disoriented and slammed into the mountain, there was no MAYDAY distress call just normal pilot and tower conversation, there was no mechanical problem with the aircraft, if this would have been the case, like vetern pilots in that area said, the pilot would have called for MAYDAY, signaling he was in distress and lost control of the aircraft which it is apparent now he didnt... just truly sad...when the LAPD and the LAFD are not flying no one else should be. It is up to the pilot of the aircraft to make the final call to fly or not to fly, again I just wonder if it would have been an everyday Joe would the pilot flew? Or maybe he just thought he was just a good enough pilot. Tragedy that could been avoided, period.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
People often take unnecessary risks which sometimes ends not so well. Reminds me of the time I decided to take a stupid risk when I used to have a boat. As a normal operator should, I checked the conditions beforehand and consider the risks. I still decided to take the boat out in the bay to travel from one bayou to another despite the fog warning.

Being pig-headed, as I ran out of the bayou I launched from, things were slightly clear, but soon that ended. Entering the bay the fog became thick as pea soup but my dumbass continued on trying to rely on memory, depth-finder, and a compass. I soon lost my bearings and tried to rely on the three compass thinking the fog would lift in a few.. instead it got thicker and thicker. I began to panic as I couldn't even see the shore though I was sure I hadn't gone far from. Before long I had no choice but to shut off the motor, anchor down, and hope no other boat ran into me while being a sitting duck. An hour or so later as the fog began to burn off from the sun, I started to see I hadn't made it that far and had been motoring around in circles. I finally rode off to my destination of unproductive fishing realizing I was lucky... I never attempted that stunt again. But that's a boat... imagine an aircraft. I learned my lesson.... don't take risks like that ever again! Unfortunately, you don't get to just shutdown and anchor until things clear in even a helicopter. First order is don't even bother to take off.

·
ROCKY TOP
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
People often take unnecessary risks which sometimes ends not so well. Reminds me of the time I decided to take a stupid risk when I used to have a boat. As a normal operator should, I checked the conditions beforehand and consider the risks. I still decided to take the boat out in the bay to travel from one bayou to another despite the fog warning.

Being pig-headed, as I ran out of the bayou I launched from, things were slightly clear, but soon that ended. Entering the bay the fog became thick as pea soup but my dumbass continued on trying to rely on memory, depth-finder, and a compass. I soon lost my bearings and tried to rely on the three compass thinking the fog would lift in a few.. instead it got thicker and thicker. I began to panic as I couldn't even see the shore though I was sure I hadn't gone far from. Before long I had no choice but to shut off the motor, anchor down, and hope no other boat ran into me while being a sitting duck. An hour or so later as the fog began to burn off from the sun, I started to see I hadn't made it that far and had been motoring around in circles. I finally rode off to my destination of unproductive fishing realizing I was lucky... I never attempted that stunt again. But that's a boat... imagine an aircraft. I learned my lesson.... don't take risks like that ever again! Unfortunately, you don't get to just shutdown and anchor until things clear in even a helicopter. First order is don't even bother to take off.

Wow now thats puts things in perspective, u were in just a boat and became disoriented, im like u cant imagine a plane. At least u learned your lesson and thank god no one else hit u. The one thing im having such a hard time with this Kobe situation is that helicopter was a luxury helicopter. It had the ability to fly high over the fog and cloud layer from what I have read. I just dont know, so many questions we will probably never have answers to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts