DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've waited to post this as I really wanted to give Dave a chance to make it right, but it has been far too long and just the fact that he knowingly screwed me over, so here it is!

I sold Dave Temple two used Flatline subs a while back for $225 and that was the end of that. This past October, he told me that he had two brand new, never seen power Flatlines for sale but they each had a slice in the surround from opening the box, so he was going to fix those and send them to me for $425 for both. I purchased them and a month went by and no subs, I emailed, called, Pm'd, nothing. Finally, he tells me that he is waiting on the kits from Arc to fix them so I say ok. Well, finally I get two boxes in the mail and they are the EXACT TWO SUBS THAT I SOLD HIM PREVIOUSLY!!! Now of course he wont return calls, texts, emails, NOTHING. Pretty lame DAVE!! So pretty much he resold me my old subs at a profit of $200!! HEY DAVE I WANT MY MONEY!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'm at a loss as to what to say.
The deal I did with him was smooth, had no issues.

Hope he comes around and answers you.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Woah, I've never heard of someone selling two subs to someone, then turning around and buying them back from him for a higher price.

Not taking sides, but why would you sell two used flatline subs, then buy them back from the same guy (no matter if he says new or reconed) for mo' money.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Woah, I've never heard of someone selling two subs to someone, then turning around and buying them back from him for a higher price.

Not taking sides, but why would you sell two used flatline subs, then buy them back from the same guy (no matter if he says new or reconed) for mo' money.
^^^yea that. Plus how do you know that they are the ones you previously owned?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
^^^yea that. Plus how do you know that they are the ones you previously owned?
I just find it hard to believe someone will buy what they sold, then to make matters worse------- FROM THE SAME GUY he sold it to in the first place. If he would of bought it from someone else than thats a different story,

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Lets wait and let the OP answer. Maybe he sold the subs and missed them. Contacted Dave to see if he still had them and was told "no, but I have these new ones". Who knows. The OP could have pics from the FS thread with specific marks, etc. on the basket or magnet that he can match up to prove they are the same. Maybe this is all BS and Dave did nothing wrong. However, if Dave didn't reply to him, then there is a question of guilt.

I just hope Dave can get this cleared up with the OP or come into this thread and tell his side of the story.

Rant...this crap on DIYMA is getting old though. It seems like a new "rip off" thread is popping up every week or so. People need to deal with problems correctly, have good communication and treat people how you would want to be treated and all this can be avoided!!! (Rant applies even if Dave did nothing wrong, it applies to everyone, including myself....something we should all follow when selling/packing/shipping items!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold him two older Flatlines from an older system that I was taking down. Then almost a year later I got the bug again and a whole new car and another guy Jesse on here told me that for my new car, Flatlines would once again be a great sub since they go in a really small enclosure and that David had a couple of new ones. I said, how much? He said $425 for both so I said ok. Hell, two brand new Flatlines for $425 is a pretty good deal but NOT for two well used ones. I can most certainly tell they are the same ones because I had poked a hole in one of the surrounds installing it in my old car and the other one has a very distinctive road rash around the chrome beauty ring at the top. I owned the older set for many years and had them in and out dozens of times, so you get to know what they look like. This is really a mystery to me and I hate to post this thread but he has done other shady stuff to me as well but eventually made it right. I have literally texted him at least 5 times,, called, Pm'd and given him plenty of time to respond. NOT COOL!!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just find it hard to believe someone will buy what they sold, then to make matters worse------- FROM THE SAME GUY he sold it to in the first place. If he would of bought it from someone else than thats a different story,

I could tell you a story about my sell & buy back from a member here. Lets just say we do have some unscrupulous people here & some are moderators! So Arthurk situation is not hard to believe.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lets wait and let the OP answer. Maybe he sold the subs and missed them. Contacted Dave to see if he still had them and was told "no, but I have these new ones". Who knows. The OP could have pics from the FS thread with specific marks, etc. on the basket or magnet that he can match up to prove they are the same. Maybe this is all BS and Dave did nothing wrong. However, if Dave didn't reply to him, then there is a question of guilt.

I just hope Dave can get this cleared up with the OP or come into this thread and tell his side of the story.

Rant...this crap on DIYMA is getting old though. It seems like a new "rip off" thread is popping up every week or so. People need to deal with problems correctly, have good communication and treat people how you would want to be treated and all this can be avoided!!! (Rant applies even if Dave did nothing wrong, it applies to everyone, including myself....something we should all follow when selling/packing/shipping items!)
I do agree with you, these threads are popping up more and more often. Years ago, if you were 'ripped off' you just had to live with it. But now, people are making these matters public where peoples reputations are at steak. Is there a better way to go about this? Maybe start by PM'ing a mod? I mean, that is part of why they're here right? Then if there is no resolution, then proceed to these threads.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I do agree with you, these threads are popping up more and more often. Years ago, if you were 'ripped off' you just had to live with it. But now, people are making these matters public where peoples reputations are at steak. Is there a better way to go about this? Maybe start by PM'ing a mod? I mean, that is part of why they're here right? Then if there is no resolution, then proceed to these threads.
Some people might think that some of the regular older members and mods are in cahoots together. I actually like these threads because both parties get make their case. It's kinda like DIYMA court.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Some people might think that some of the regular older members and mods are in cahoots together. I actually like these threads because both parties get make their case. It's kinda like DIYMA court.
I had a deal go bad...the thread is here on DIYMA and it was with Redbaronace / Bryan Sorrell.

I think most of us who are stand-up folks give a person a chance to make things right. I certainly did in my case.

I ended up giving the guy in my deal an ultimatum: I send back his junk and he refunds my money, or I file a PayPal dispute and go public on DIYMA. The scum-bag seller chose to tell me to "do what I have to do" - so I did.

I agree, not only is a thread like this like DIYMA court, but the important thing is you can get the names of the scum-bag sellers out there so that other people do not get ripped off.

I personally think DIYMA should BAN unscrupulous sellers from selling ever again.

If the seller is in-the-right, he can certainly come here and post up his side, along with any PM's pictures, and supporting evidence etc. to clear his name - or...if he really did do this rip-off, then he can say "yes, I screwed up, I am sorry, and here is your money back, please send back the subs" and attempt to re-gain some of his honor and respect back. (Note - I am not judging the seller, as we haven't heard his side yet; simply speculating based on what is here so far). I will, however, say that silence usually implies guilt, if he is aware of this thread's existence. He deserves a PM with a link to this thread from a moderator.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I sent DAT a PM with a link to this thread. Maybe we'll hear his side.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
I could tell you a story about my sell & buy back from a member here. Lets just say we do have some unscrupulous people here & some are moderators!
We've never dealt, so hopefully you're not talking about me. Would love to hear this story though.

Some people might think that some of the regular older members and mods are in cahoots together.
I'm in cahoots with my wife no one else, and she's not a member here.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Well, I've waited to post this as I really wanted to give Dave a chance to make it right, but it has been far too long and just the fact that he knowingly screwed me over, so here it is!

I sold Dave Temple two used Flatline subs a while back for $225 and that was the end of that. This past October, he told me that he had two brand new, never seen power Flatlines for sale but they each had a slice in the surround from opening the box, so he was going to fix those and send them to me for $425 for both. I purchased them and a month went by and no subs, I emailed, called, Pm'd, nothing. Finally, he tells me that he is waiting on the kits from Arc to fix them so I say ok. Well, finally I get two boxes in the mail and they are the EXACT TWO SUBS THAT I SOLD HIM PREVIOUSLY!!! Now of course he wont return calls, texts, emails, NOTHING. Pretty lame DAVE!! So pretty much he resold me my old subs at a profit of $200!! HEY DAVE I WANT MY MONEY!!!

Ok Arthur,

Ok guys here is the story, I have another guy "Jesse" that knows the whole story.

I bought the 2 sub as Arthur spoke about, he could not sell them and at the last minute I bought both. I get the subs in and open the boxes few days later and find out they were not packaged well. There was no packaging inside the box like bubble wrap or anything just throw in a box and a bunch of small medical boxes stuffed inside.

So they ohm'd out ok but one of them had a tear in the surround. I emailed and pm'd Arthur. No answer so I chalked it up as a bad deal and avoid him.

Months later a friend of his "Jesse" asked if i had some Arc's I told him yes. I also told him about the one with the rip and would be getting him a new field serviceable recone.

So it was taken longer to get the recone but Arthur said it was ok because he was buying a few more things for his massive mustang install. So he asked about a BRAND NEW ARC Audio SE4000 i had... I said yeah I have a friend with one. I sold it to him for $825 I believe trying to be nice since it was taken a long time to get the recone. I had this amp sold for $1300 :( but trying to help a guy out I did what i felt was right.

Arthur has since threatened me , threatened Jesse and so now Jesse is not doing his install.

·
Registered
779 Posts
:surprised::confused::(

We've never dealt, so hopefully you're not talking about me. Would love to hear this story though.

I'm in cahoots with my wife no one else, and she's not a member here.

Well, it is NOT any of these gentlemen > imjustjason, 6spdcoupe, Ban Hammer, PPI-ART COLLECTOR, bikinpunk, schmiddr2.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hmmmm....

All this sounds vaguely familiar.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts

He did sell me two subs, he said they were mint and perfect. I got a damaged sub. He disappeared for awhile on the forums...

I sold him two older Flatlines from an older system that I was taking down. Then almost a year later I got the bug again and a whole new car and another guy Jesse on here told me that for my new car, Flatlines would once again be a great sub since they go in a really small enclosure and that David had a couple of new ones. I said, how much? He said $425 for both so I said ok. Hell, two brand new Flatlines for $425 is a pretty good deal but NOT for two well used ones. I can most certainly tell they are the same ones because I had poked a hole in one of the surrounds installing it in my old car and the other one has a very distinctive road rash around the chrome beauty ring at the top. I owned the older set for many years and had them in and out dozens of times, so you get to know what they look like. This is really a mystery to me and I hate to post this thread but he has done other shady stuff to me as well but eventually made it right. I have literally texted him at least 5 times,, called, Pm'd and given him plenty of time to respond. NOT COOL!!!!

Man your not right. :) I had the subs posted for sale they and even told Jesse I'm ordering you a recone. They are not cheap. Then give you a hell of a deal on a BRAND NEW IN BOX ARC SE4000. Ask around for dealer cost on them and see it's not $825 shipped. :D I even told Jesse it was gonna take few more days to get the amp, and it did but he got a NEW AMP as stated. I don't see how I screwed you.

I have gone out of my way to help you, I should have avoided you from the start since you shipped me 2 subs and one of them got damaged on the surround.

Then you avoid me and never answered my PM's or Emails.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.