DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these specs for the roadkill expert actually true?

Expert RoadKill Published Specifications
Minimum Thickness 0.080in
Minimum Weight 0.65bs/ft2
Aluminum Layer- 6 mils
105.00 shipped

Vs

Damplifier Pro Published specs
6.5 mil foil -BLACK
2 mm total thickness (80 mils) +/- 5%
.6 lbs per square foot +/- 5%
185.98 plus shipping?

If so, that's awfully close to the SS specs for 80 bucks less...Opinions?

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. What makes the roadkill crappy?
I know ss is good. I have used their damp before, I'm just not a fan of the price

Competition??

·
Registered
264 Posts
nothign makes roadkill crap, someone is talking out of thier butt. youll be hard pressed to find a difference whatsoever in Damplifier and roadkill expert by the way.

·
Registered
898 Posts
There is better for the money and is why I posted those company's as that is who you should buy from.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
thickness isnt the only thin that should concern you when looking into CLD....what is the adhesive made out of? What is the heat tolerance? Its how they work together to accomplish what you are trying to do...

please do some more reading, there are tons of thread here and on the web regarding acoustical treatments in vehicles

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how cld works, but I haven't found many reviews on the roadkill. Yeah aluminum thicknesses isn't everything but pretty much all the companies that I'm interested in are reputable

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
nothign makes roadkill crap, someone is talking out of thier butt. youll be hard pressed to find a difference whatsoever in Damplifier and roadkill expert by the way.
Not true.
Exmine the butyl of both. The difference is obvious to anyone that has used both and has half of the Road Killl eft on their hands, pants, upholstery while the Damplifier Pro stays stuck to the foil where it should be. The difference in quality is night and day.
Last time I saw roadkill the foil was 4 mils thick. They may have changed it though.

ANT

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not true.
Exmine the butyl of both. The difference is obvious to anyone that has used both and has half of the Road Killl eft on their hands, pants, upholstery while the Damplifier Pro stays stuck to the foil where it should be. The difference in quality is night and day.
Last time I saw roadkill the foil was 4 mils thick. They may have changed it though.

ANT
i have both, in the same car...foils same thickness, butyl is a little stickier on the roadkill then Damplifier...to say that "half" of the roadkill is everywhere besides the foil is a pretty big exaggeration for someone who has or had interest in the company they are comparing it to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just make your own CLD system. I used 1/2" neoprene/foam blend with 2 pieces of ceramic tile caulked to them. Stuck the foam on first to inner (outside) door panel, then 2 4"x10" ceramic tiles from Home Depot. 1 above horizontal door bracing, 1 below. Also put the 1/2" neo foam behind the 6.5" and 2 pieces of 2" acoustic foam off to the side in the lower half of door. No more door vibrations! Cost = about $10 per door and amazing mid bass/midrange clarity. It's simple physics, cancel out the vibration using something of similar mass. Used on bridge construction for years...

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
i have both, in the same car...foils same thickness, butyl is a little stickier on the roadkill then Damplifier...to say that "half" of the roadkill is everywhere besides the foil is a pretty big exaggeration for someone who has or had interest in the company they are comparing it to.
OK, then without exaggeration, Raod kill leaves about 20 times more Butyl on your hands than Damplifier Pro does.
This is absolutely the truth.
If you used them both, you cannot refute this claim.

ANT

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Not when I used it.. nor the people I know. Nor the dealers that compared the two.
Nor the pics i have seen online of other users.
I'll see if I can find some. Been a while

ANT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never used the roadkill. But, I have the SS Damp Pro in my back hatch area right now. ( Need to finish installing the rest of what I have) The product is definitely worth it imo. If you have any questions about the product your free to message me.

Buying another bulk pack soon. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts