DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get a good deal on either one. i'm not looking to do SQ competitions but i also don't want to compromise on sound quality. i've used the 3sixty.3 in the past and had good results. i know most of you here recommend helix but it's out of my price range. i have no experience at all with JL audio. right now i'm running a 2-way passive front stage and plan in the future upgrading to an active 3 way or active 2 way 8" mid and compression drivers.

i will not be using the factory head unit i have a
Sony XAV-AX7000.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have owned and used both of these units. They both will do exactly the same thing. What is different is the software. The JL software is much easier to use and understand. The 3sixty.3 was very glitchy and crashed frequently. There may have been some software upgrades to the RF since I owned one. Download the software for both units to see which you prefer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love the Rockford for its rich old school burr brown sound signature and 31 band peq but it’s unreliability make me not want to recommend it, The JL is bullet proof with only 10 bands of peq but that’s good enough for a really good tune. If those are my only choices I would go with the jl for its reliability as I’ve seen the 360.3’s just give a loud pop and shut down and you have to send it back for repair.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I’ve owned both and like the JL much better for the software.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just purchased the jl. i think this will make some huge improvements with my sound thanks everybody for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts