DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas I have finally gotten the Ok to purchase my equipment. I have always wanted to do a all Alpine build. This is not my first install but it is most extensive install that I have done all at once.

I would like SQ, but at the same time I like loud.

I am going to put 180^3 ft of RAAMat in the car. Seal the doors with FG (if fronts are IB) Can I get a better deal on the Deadener on here? I am going to seal the cabin with lead tape on seams and most of the hardware is going to get some silicone (necessary?). FG will be used for allot of my build and the entire interior will be out of the car.

I have some much needed questions that I have found scattered info on but I would really appreciate some input.

Car; 2007 Civic Si Coupe
HU: Alpine IVA-W205
F/Com: Alpine Type R or Type X ref (6.5)
R/Spk: Alpine type R (if necessary)
Sub: Alpine Type X 12
Amps: Alpine MRP-F300, MRP-M1000

Ok first off is rear fill needed? If it is not I can spend the extra money and get the Type X ref set.

If there is no rear fill can or should I seal the rear deck? Will the bass make it into the cabin ok?

Will the front seats have a full sound to them without rear fill?

Should I mount the tweeters on the A pillar or the door near the driver?

Will the drivers sound better if I make them sealed rather than IB? Also if they are IB it is imperative to seal the front of the door correct?

Is the roof of any importance to deaden? I can if it will be good because the headliner will be out of the car.

What would be the best product for road noise? Is the RAAMat enough?

I really think a sealed enclosure is my best bet in the trunk, but should I do everything I can to point the sub towards the rear?

Are there any differences in sound quality of a inverted mount Sub?

Are Banana clips (if gold plated) going to transfer quality sound into the Sub box?

Oh and I am stumped on a quality brand of wiring. I would prefer not to by monster, but I can’t break the bank at the same time.

Only using 1300 ish watts I am going to run 1/0 to the trunk and use a distribution block to split it to two 4ga.

Is a sleeving material the best way to go, something like Techflex?

Am I doing myself and my budget wrong by using all Alpine products?

·
Registered
492 Posts
First off, welcome to DIYMA.

A few hours of reading would have answered most of your questions. Do any mount of searching and reading around here and you'll find that most agree that installation can be just as important as driver selection. It sounds like you've got sound installation principles (deading, reinforcement, etc).

Again, if you did some reading, you won't find many that recommend rear speakers.

If you've got any experience with FG, then an a-pillar install for the tweeters would be a good place to start. Seach on "aiming tweeters" to see what others have done.

You are limiting yourself with an all Alpine setup, but that is not to say Alpine does not make quality components.

Read:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37931

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I did read some but some of it gets really technical and out of my scope really. I wish there was a text book for all of this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.lol.

I do want to learn as much as possible but fortanetly I am going to be doing the install in 3 weeks. I was hoping on a little imput.

FG is no problem at all so I am going to mount the tweets on the A-pillar.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
good luck. I think you should know the answers BEFORE you pick your equipment....up to you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have picked all Alpine that is simply what I want to use and it is helpful to my budget. I was hoping for a little bit of help with some of the questions but its all good I am sure the stereo will preform fine for me thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts