DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find anything. Is anyone running any RTA software on a Mac? And yes, I know I could run trueRTA in Windows/Bootcamp but not interested in going that route.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Not aware of any RTA software for Mac. I'm currently running TrueRTA in Boot Camp, and it sucks. I will likely write my own barebones RTA with LabVIEW student Mac edition. I'm sort of a LabVIEW guru so it wont take more than a weekend. I don't think the student license allows for distribution, however :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have had great luck with "MAC the Scope". It is far more than just an RTA, but it has been extremely useful to me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just downloaded RTA on my iPhone...best part is that I can download on the same account onto my iPad and wife's iPhone also.

gives me various seat positions to view the RTA.

the same company makes Audiotools app also if you need more actually tools to tune with

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not aware of any RTA software for Mac. I'm currently running TrueRTA in Boot Camp, and it sucks. I will likely write my own barebones RTA with LabVIEW student Mac edition. I'm sort of a LabVIEW guru so it wont take more than a weekend. I don't think the student license allows for distribution, however :(
Bummer.... and SWEET Mini btw....

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have had great luck with "MAC the Scope". It is far more than just an RTA, but it has been extremely useful to me.
I also have this downloaded. I don't have a fancy microphone to use with it, but if you set its input to the built-in microphone on your Mac [a 24" iMac for me], it's surprisingly sensitive and will show you the RTA curve for a quiet room. After that, it has all kinds of measurements I haven't fully explored yet, owing to the lack of microphone and portability :D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
So I spent about 2 hours programming an RTA in Labview, and it's looking promising :) I need to add mic calibration, weighting, octave bands, and dBu scaling, but the rest is done :D I've got it hooked to my Behringer ECM8000 and it's working pretty awesomely.

The best part is, it runs on my Mac; it doesn't crash; and I can @$%@! with it when needed. Future upgrading for impulse, waterfall, and test tone generation should be relatively straight-forward. This is DIY mobile Audio, I sometimes get carried away with the DIY part.

1khz test tone:

Attachments

·
18,605 Posts
So I spent about 2 hours programming an RTA in Labview, and it's looking promising :) I need to add mic calibration, weighting, octave bands, and dBu scaling, but the rest is done :D I've got it hooked to my Behringer ECM8000 and it's working pretty awesomely.

The best part is, it runs on my Mac; it doesn't crash; and I can @$%@! with it when needed. Future upgrading for impulse, waterfall, and test tone generation should be relatively straight-forward. This is DIY mobile Audio, I sometimes get carried away with the DIY part.

1khz test tone:

kickass! I'm game if you need a beta tester. :)

I've been playing with the trial version of this:
FuzzMeasure Pro 3

I'd like to upgrade to the full version but it's $150. I can't spend anymore dang money on RTA stuff.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
if you spent the money on a mac.........

ohwait, yeah, you are lucky if your optical drive still burns DVD's if you have a newer one :D
har, har, is there like a trolling college you guys go to, to learn setups and punchlines like that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
har, har, is there like a trolling college you guys go to, to learn setups and punchlines like that? :rolleyes:
It works at a college, that uses a lot of mac (typing one one now) and I have a stack of optical drives up to my knee.

·
Registered
340 Posts
looks like it can't be used in OSX Lion. unless it still works? I know power pc support was taken out of Lion.

Any other thoughts? curious on an RTA as well. hopefully something thats decent with my MacBooks built in mic.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
it's gonna be rough with the built in mic because

A. it's in no way calibrated
B. along those lines it is slapped on the front of hte face do it's already half space loaded.

you'd be better off with one of the iphone apps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts