DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find another morel tempo 6.5 woofer due to the fact I stabbed mine and it felt like self destructing :(

Those ID oems are beasty and only $90 a pair they are pretty beasty, are there any issues w/ crossover points or anything concerning that combo I should know about?

-William

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
They are mid-bass oriented if I remember correctly and the Tempo tweets do not play low... so I think you would have a midrange hole. But you probably had it before.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
*supposedly* the OEMs can get to 4k in the doors, but I doubt mine have good response that high. They pound out midbass pretty good, but at the compromise of midrange detail. I have found the best cross compromise for my install at 2.5k for the mids to 3.2 on the tweet; but I'm running MT23 tweets with an Fs <1000, so they do well coming down to the mid's happy place. It'll probably be tweaked to something different tomorrow when I get in front of the RTA.

·
Registered
438 Posts
How about the new ID prototypes that hessdawg is coming out with. I believe that they are supposed to play higher and lower than the OEMs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The highest I feel comfortable playing the ID OEMS is 1.6khz - 2khz, depending on your slope.

That said, I've built a couple of systems with ID oems at 1.6khz 12db slope and seas neos tweets at 3khz 6db slope with good results. Not perfect by any means, but the people were happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The highest I feel comfortable playing the ID OEMS is 1.6khz - 2khz, depending on your slope.

That said, I've built a couple of systems with ID oems at 1.6khz 12db slope and seas neos tweets at 3khz 6db slope with good results. Not perfect by any means, but the people were happy.
yea I dont want a big hole in my midrange but im just desperate. I love the sound of the tempos but people want to charge me $120 for ONE SPEAKER :eek: and those tempo mids are really not worth that even if they were goldplated. I took the soft parts out and the former is so whimpy its like it was made of tinfoil. The only difference between those mids and some PG mids was the pole vent on the motor but that is it....

Its ridiculous that they want 120 on that little speaker.

/rant

anyways, for 120 I can buy two new speakers from partsexpress, any suggestions??

Thanks,
William

·
Registered
858 Posts
i just replaced my seas lotus performance mids with the oem's and i couldnt be happier. the lack of midrange/midbass from the lotus is very apparent. now the new id's that are coming out are supposed to be better in both directions. cant wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just replaced my seas lotus performance mids with the oem's and i couldnt be happier. the lack of midrange/midbass from the lotus is very apparent. now the new id's that are coming out are supposed to be better in both directions. cant wait.
hmm!

What did you have your seas lotus's crossed @?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Still looking for Temps 6s? I'd sell my whole set for $150. Honestly, I'm not happy with the overall sound but it could easily be my combo, placement or tuning. Just a few months used.

·
Registered
858 Posts
hmm!

What did you have your seas lotus's crossed @?
i had the mids bandpassed at 80 and 2k with an 18db slope and the tweets at 3500k on a slope of 24. now with the id's, ive got the mids at 80 to 3500k and bumped the tweets to 4k or so. i flattened out my eq completely and just need to cut a bit in the upper midrange region. sounds great. these mids are taking the strain off my tweeters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts