DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Definitely remember radios with two turn on wires. My 2010 Subaru factory radio had two. One to power antenna booster and the other was to trigger factory amp. They weren't blue but same idea.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Definitely remember radios with two turn on wires. My 2010 Subaru factory radio had two. One to power antenna booster and the other was to trigger factory amp. They weren't blue but same idea.
I'm still a little confused on fusing. I'm going to run a power wire from the relay to the distribution block in the trunk. What size fuse do I put in the block? Do I put a 30 in because it's a 30 amp relay, or do I put a small fuse in because of what will be connected to the relay?

·
Registered
389 Posts
At the block i would just use a large enough fuse to cover the devices you are powering. 2-3A I'm guessing. Is this block just for the remote distribution?

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's constant power from the battery? You don't want to run the switched remote power to the block unless it has an isolated section.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's constant power from the battery? You don't want to run the switched remote power to the block unless it has an isolated section.
I'm confused. I would run the power wire from the distribution block to #87 on the relay. In the link I was following, it shows 87 to 12v power. I assume that is would be to the battery positive, or in my case, the fused distribution block. The remote 12v would run to 30 on the relay.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was confused on what you were doing don't mind me. Yes get battery 12v from distro block and enough fuse to cover the devises you're powering

21 - 27 of 27 Posts