DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The AmpPro device has an option for "two channel mode" - and will route the rear parking signals to the front speakers in this mode. Even though I do have rear speakers in my Challenger (I like having rear speakers for music), since I used an optical connection between the AmpPro and the Helix DSP, I only have 2-channel audio (optical out on AmpPro is only 2 channel audio). If you set dip switch 1 on the AmpPro to On, it will enable "rwo channel mode" and route the backup camera chimes to the front speakers. Just FYI....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could you keep your rear speakers in the factory locations for your alerts (they do come in handy don't they) but not route music to them? I ask because it may be possible to add a second set of speakers behind you for rear fill without altering the factory alert system. Just a thought...

Ge0
Ge0 - Sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy weekend. It may be possible to do that, but at this point I've already wired everything up and replaced the factory rear speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The AmpPro device has an option for "two channel mode" - and will route the rear parking signals to the front speakers in this mode. Even though I do have rear speakers in my Challenger (I like having rear speakers for music), since I used an optical connection between the AmpPro and the Helix DSP, I only have 2-channel audio (optical out on AmpPro is only 2 channel audio). If you set dip switch 1 on the AmpPro to On, it will enable "rwo channel mode" and route the backup camera chimes to the front speakers. Just FYI....
I didn't originally consider that option because I didn't want to lose the fader. But now I'm realizing that I'd still be able to adjust the front/back with the gain on the amp, so I might try setting it up that way. Thanks for the tip!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts