DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear this truck is the forum whore. Those of you who have been here longer than a week know this truck already.

Those that don't.....https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threads/2003-s-10-pro-audio-blowthrough.102176/

I've been enjoying the hell out of it, but it just doesn't fit into my life right now. I would rather see it go to a good home than sit.

Other than adding a bt dongle to the head, I haven't touched it audio wise. The w200 is showing its age, getting grabby with discs. I have purchased a w910 to replace it, but have yet to test the head or buy the odds and ends to install.

The truck itsself sits at 78,xxx miles. Couple of fresh scars, but it is getting about time for fresh paint anyway.
I have replaced the vinyl tonneau with the topper pictured. There is an additional windowless topper that will go with the truck.

There are a couple of negatives. First, the topper along with box is a bit much for the suspension. I would ad some helper bags to level it back out.
The other things are pretty common S10 items. One being door sag, the other is the abs/brake lights issue. The module they used has bad solder joints, and causes intermittent lights to go off. I haven't been able to get the time to fix it. Cracked dash.

The price is firm at $4500. Delivered to you with both tops, and all spare parts I have for it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I swear this truck is the forum whore. Those of you who have been here longer than a week know this truck already.

Those that don't.....https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threads/2003-s-10-pro-audio-blowthrough.102176/

I've been enjoying the hell out of it, but it just doesn't fit into my life right now. I would rather see it go to a good home than sit.

Other than adding a bt dongle to the head, I haven't touched it audio wise. The w200 is showing its age, getting grabby with discs. I have purchased a w910 to replace it, but have yet to test the head or buy the odds and ends to install.

The truck itsself sits at 78,xxx miles. Couple of fresh scars, but it is getting about time for fresh paint anyway.
I have replaced the vinyl tonneau with the topper pictured. There is an additional windowless topper that will go with the truck.

There are a couple of negatives. First, the topper along with box is a bit much for the suspension. I would ad some helper bags to level it back out.
The other things are pretty common S10 items. One being door sag, the other is the abs/brake lights issue. The module they used has bad solder joints, and causes intermittent lights to go off. I haven't been able to get the time to fix it. Cracked dash. View attachment 266576

The price is firm at $4500. Delivered to you with both tops, and all spare parts I have for it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've lost track of how many owners this truck has been through!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikey, Grayson, Benny, and myself that I know of. Are there more? Lol

If I had a more secure place to park it, I'd be hanging on to it. I'm tired of being paranoid. And the whole rabbit home thing. Ls, bags, fresh paint.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was/is. Kinna miss it. But....there is a hot rod rental bay in Amarillo that now has an ex cab sitting in it....and an ls on an engine stand next to it. And a pair of w15gti's sitting on my bedroom floor, a closet full of thunder 2300's.

This is gonna be fun.....

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I haven't been on here in like two years, and came on to list my Audi S4, and see this! LMAO! No ****. I'd love to scoop up some W15GTis again... Damn. It made my day to see this truck of mine still making the rounds. Who bought it now??

Reactions: nautic70

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dangit! I saw this listing back up top and thought maybe it was for sale AGAIN. Oh well, I'll keep looking for a S-10 to build

·
Registered
151 Posts
I haven't been on here in like two years, and came on to list my Audi S4, and see this! LMAO! No ****. I'd love to scoop up some W15GTis again... Damn. It made my day to see this truck of mine still making the rounds. Who bought it now??
I haven't been on here in forever but of course I log in a day after Mikey's comment. I bought it from Brian when he sold it in April. I wanted it the last time it was for sale and when it came up again I wasn't going to not buy it. It's up in the PNW safely in my garage.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
That’s awesome man! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I did and others have. Is the install more or less still intact? Crazy to think it’s survived nearly 5 years. I had so much fun building that truck. Funny too as my Passat ended up in the PNW a few years ago as well, although now it’s in Indiana.

Reactions: nautic70

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s awesome man! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I did and others have. Is the install more or less still intact? Crazy to think it’s survived nearly 5 years. I had so much fun building that truck. Funny too as my Passat ended up in the PNW a few years ago as well, although now it’s in Indiana.
The install for right now is intact. But I have to many goodies in the garage getting no use to not swap things out. The head unit and amps are on the list then maybe start work on the int color change I was given parts for. I also still need to bag the rear to handle the weight better. I saw your FS thread on the S4, that thing looks like fun. No horn pics though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The JBL W15GTi's in that truck ruined me for just about any other sub! Using the Alto Mobile Falstaff 12 now and it really can't be beat for sound quality, but night and day difference in out put.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The install for right now is intact. But I have to many goodies in the garage getting no use to not swap things out. The head unit and amps are on the list then maybe start work on the int color change I was given parts for. I also still need to bag the rear to handle the weight better. I saw your FS thread on the S4, that thing looks like fun. No horn pics though.

I've been asked quite a few times who bought it, but it wasn't my story to tell.

Next time I'm in the area....I need a couple of hours in your storage area with a hand full of tissues and a bottle of lotion..

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The JBL W15GTi's in that truck ruined me for just about any other sub! Using the Alto Mobile Falstaff 12 now and it really can't be beat for sound quality, but night and day difference in out put.
Still my favorite subs to date! And I still struggle not purchasing a new car based on whether or not a couple ported W15GTis would comfortably fit :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been asked quite a few times who bought it, but it wasn't my story to tell.

Next time I'm in the area....I need a couple of hours in your storage area with a hand full of tissues and a bottle of lotion..
You know you're welcome anytime you're in town. I will bring out some of the other goodies you didn't get to see last time and give you some alone time with the collection...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts