DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the forum and searched google, but didn't find much. Anyone has experience with this amp? I need a small amp for my Tacoma and am unhappy with the hollow sound of the PDX series. The Sunburn looks well built and while it doesn't have the power that other small amps have (Arc Mini, Focal Solid), the company seems to have a good rep.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm sure it sounds good. I have a SD 100.4 and it is a powerful, clean amp. It's a very big amp also. I would pay attention to the dimensions carefully because SDs are pretty big amps (not really sure how big the 50.4 is). If you need really small I would look at some of the JL HD amps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I run a 50.4 bridged to my Focal comp set for 2 weeks.
This amp is not so small!!! But really powerful.
I had a PDX 4.100 and after , a Boston gt42 : with both of them my speakers received around 100 w rms each.
I noticed a huge difference. Bridged, it can do 160w x 2 : so ,I had to turn down the gain a lot. I never really noticed how bright were my tweeters, but now, I will have to reduce them on the passive filter!
This Sundown is cheaper than my previous amps, but I love it.
If you want more reviews, go to their site or forum.
But Sundown will not make that amp again, it' s discontinuous.

Don't be afraid of the 4 x 50 rating : it's sooooo powerful, you'll be amazed!

The last ones are on sale, about $200 with free shipping in the 48.

go fast !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.