DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is allowed.

Ebay name ernestov
Name Ernesto villalta from Sacramento California.

He purchased my helix p six dsp. Asked for a return and refund. I gave him the refund and return label. He doesnt want to return the amplifier and ebay told me it's between me and the buyer to get my amplifier back. Seems like ebay doesn't protect sellers.

This really sucks since I lost my job and the only reason i was selling the PSix was to pay bills.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I checked out his eBay profile... he has no negative feedback. Did he say something was wrong with the DSP?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Ebay name ernestov

He purchased my helix p six dsp. Asked for a return and refund. I gave him the refund and return label. He doesnt want to return the amplifier and ebay told me it's between me and the buyer to get my amplifier back. Seems like ebay doesn't protect sellers.

This really sucks since I lost my job and the only reason i was selling the PSix was to pay bills.
I feel for you man... but why did you refund his money, before he returned the unit?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out his eBay profile... he has no negative feedback. Did he say something was wrong with the DSP?
I know he has good reviews, which is why I trusted the buyer. He complained that fedex was late, and I made the mistake of hitting sell one like this. And it was the mk2 title, didnt realize it which is why he got a refund.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ebay name ernestov

I feel for you man... but why did you refund his money, before he returned the unit?
Because ebay said I needed to do it, or they will take the money and I'll lose the amplifier.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Because ebay said I needed to do it, or they will take the money and I'll lose the amplifier.
I know it's shitty but there isn't much you can do at this point. Unless the buyer decides to return it, you are pretty much fooked. I would just ask the buyer politely to return the amp since he has his refund and cross your fingers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ebay made you refund the money before the unit was sent back?? Usually, refunds are not given until the item has been returned.

That really sucks - hopefully, you end up getting it back. How long has it been?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ebay made you refund the money before the unit was sent back?? Usually, refunds are not given until the item has been returned.
Agree, happened to me few months ago. And even the buyer was really an a$$hole and sent me back a different and broken item, ebay covered me and refund both me and the buyer!
You don't have to refund BEFORE receive item back!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That really sucks - hopefully, you end up getting it back. How long has it been?
Like 30 days

·
Registered
880 Posts
What city did you ship to? You have the address that you shipped to correct? If it was me, I would check to see if I had family or friends near him and pay him a visit, but that's just me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What city did you ship to? You have the address that you shipped to correct? If it was me, I would check to see if I had family or friends near him and pay him a visit, but that's just me.
No family or friends in Sacramento, I've thought about flying out myself.

·
Registered
838 Posts
yeah and post it on the internet for all internet tough guys to see, if in fact he actually did come out and do something to this guy, he would be fucked because of what the both of you just posted :rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Has the buyer said anything to you since he got his refund?

Did he request a return label?

If so, when did he request a return label? Was it when he requested a refund?

Did he decide to not return it after he got his money?

If this is the case, call the local police in his area as I believe that is theft through deception. He requested a refund and showed intent to return the item by asking for a return label.

"Theft by deception is similar to a basic theft charge, which is the unlawful taking of something that belongs to another person with the intent to deprive the owner of the property, but theft by deception requires that the individual employed some deceptive act or used deceptive words which were relied upon by the victim in making the decision to turn over their property."

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has the buyer said anything to you since he got his refund?

Did he request a return label?

If so, when did he request a return label? Was it when he requested a refund?

Did he decide to not return it after he got his money?

If this is the case, call the local police in his area as I believe that is theft through deception. He requested a refund and showed intent to return the item by asking for a return label.

"Theft by deception is similar to a basic theft charge, which is the unlawful taking of something that belongs to another person with the intent to deprive the owner of the property, but theft by deception requires that the individual employed some deceptive act or used deceptive words which were relied upon by the victim in making the decision to turn over their property."
He did ask for a return, I gave him the return label and refund like ebay told me to do. Now he doesn't want to return and ebay can't make him
They will only restrict his account.

·
Registered
219 Posts
He did ask for a return, I gave him the return label and refund like ebay told me to do. Now he doesn't want to return and ebay can't make him
They will only restrict his account.
Threaten him with Civil action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a similar experience. What I ended up doing was hiring a private investigator that showed up at the guy's house early in the morning. That same day my money was returned. It cost me $240 to get back $1800.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Ebay name ernestov

Maybe try Car Audio's Most Wanted?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarAudiosMostWanted/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts