DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a few listings on here yesterday, asking if anyone had a Brax MX4 or a Zapco Z-AP amplifier for sale.
I had a number of responses, and I believe I have secured a Z150.6-AP amp from a legitimate fellow member (not related to the below story).

With that said; I also had a few people PM me, with obvious scams. Kinda sad... but this is the world we live in.

The best scam was a Private Message that I got, from a person that opened an account (just to PM me).
They had zero posts, and you can see how long someone has been a member.
In this case; they were a member for less than an hour, when they sent me the Private Message.
Red Flag, right away.

Their PM told me about 'someone they knew in Texas, named Teresa' who is selling a Zapco Z-AP amplifier.
They gave me Teresa's email address, and advised that I should contact her directly.
(mods can check my Private Messages to verify this)

So... I'm hesitant, because this seemed a bit strange, right out of the gate...
But I'm also a good sport, and willing to explore it if there's a legitimate opportunity.

I'm posting this because it's comical... but also as a warning to other members about due diligence when dealing with online sales.
Below is the email exchange, between myself and Teresa (I've deleted the actual email addesses):

__

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:06 AM
To: JimmyDee
Subject: Re: Zapco amp for sale

Hello JimmyDee,
Thanks for writing. Sorry for the delay in response as I was busy with deliveries.
I just got a chance to check my email. Yes, I have a Zapco Z150.6-AP amp for sale original packaging for sale in excellent condition.
I'm the original owner. Price is $800 shipped. I'm in Texas and will ship via UPS.. Email me your complete shipping information.

Regards Teresa
_

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 11:08 AM - JimmyDee wrote:

Hi Teresa,
Are you referring to the amp in the picture?

If so, then that is not a Z150.6-AP
It is a Z150.6-LX

Sorry, but I’m looking for the AP version.

__

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 4:51 PM

Yes, i got it. I'm sorry i sent the wrong picture. Here's the amp.

Regards Teresa
____

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 5:59 PM
To: Teresa Williams <[email protected]>

Can you send a few more pics of the amp?
Typically sellers will authenticate the item, with a picture of the amp, and include a piece of paper in front, showing your name and today's date.
Sorry if I sound paranoid... but $800.00 via PayPal friends and family offers me zero protection, if this goes sideways.

____

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 6:05 PM

I'm a legit seller and i can show you prove that i am legit.. I have people that have purchased from me and they all got their items..
See i am a good Christian and God fearing person and i know what the bible says about stealing take a look at this Bible verses Ephesians 4:28, Exodus 20:15 and Romans..
I'm not a scam which i can never steal or cheat person.. i see no reason why i would want to scam you because i work hard to earn money not to steal or scam.
i am legit okay.

Regards Teresa

__

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:13 PM
To: 'Teresa Williams' <[email protected]l.com>
Subject: RE: Zapco amp for sale

Hi Teresa,
Quoting the bible is admirable. And if you are a Christian, then may God bless you in your endeavors.
But I’m sorry… I don’t think we can do business.

I did a quick Google search on you photos...
The first pictures you sent me, are from a Russian website:
https://www.tokopedia.com/ajiproaudio/power-zapco-z1506-lx-dan-3-way-seas-excel-tweeter-at28-midrange-seas

The second picture you sent me, is from an older DIYMA classified listing (and I know the guy that was selling these):
FS: Zapco Z150.6 AP

___

It's been a few hours... and Teresa has stopped responding.
Just be careful out there folks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully Teresa can explain herself to The Lord... when the time comes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep I got referred to Teresa from Texas as well. Also had another one saying Paul wants has what I wanted.
Same as you, zero posts

Beware of scammers everyone
Yea its bullshit. How pathetic is it that these people come in here to scam on a bunch of guys in a car audio forum.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea its bullshit. How pathetic is it that these people come in here to scam on a bunch of guys in a car audio forum.
Opportunists... they probably troll a number of sites that have Classified Sections, looking for high ticket items.
Just be careful. That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The dead give away in jimmydee's original post is the horrible grammar. I mean its soooo bad. Do these scammers actually think the people in here are that gullible!? Lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the same thing happen on another forum. I was looking to see if anyone might be selling a Corsa exhaust for my truck before I bought a new one and someone PM'd me (same deal with no posts) and told me to e-mail this person as they had one. I e-mailed and went back and forth a couple times and then they wanted to shift the conversation to text message. When I finally got a picture it looked like a picture they got from eBay or a salvage yard web site of some random exhaust. I just stopped responding.

·
Registered
505 Posts
LOL...I got a PM referring me to Teresa who just happened to be selling an amp I had expressed interest in...Hmmmmmm.

·
ROCKY TOP
1,588 Posts
LOL....”I’M A LEGIT PERSON U CAN TRUST MOTHER THERESA”...LOL...I HATE FUCKING SCAMMERS!!! SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE BUT I HOPE THESE BASTARDS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL! I’M SURE THERESA WILL BE JUST FINE BECAUSE SHE CAN QUOTE THE BIBLE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 71 Posts