DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mids / Full Range:

1. Fountek FR59EXE 2” full-range driver (Pair)
  2. Aurasound NS2-236-8AT Whisper 2” whisper extended range drivers (Pair)
  3. Scanspeak 10F/4424G00’s Pair (READ CONDITION)
  4. Satori MW13P-4 5” midrange / midwoofers (Pair)
Prices:

1. SOLD
  2. $20 shipped
  3. SOLD
  4. $175 shipped.
Condition:
  1. NIB
  2. NIB
  3. Both work, however one measures different from the other. This pair was purchased from eBay so I don’t know the story. They do work but it’s possible one lived a tougher life than the other. Sold at a very low price as-is, but both working.
  4. NIB
Photos:

Payment and other notes:

I accept payment via PayPal. If you wish to use Goods and Services payment, I ask that you include the PayPal fees for the transaction (~2.9%). Otherwise you can alternatively send a friends and family payment. I usually advise to choose Goods and Services for buyer protection, but it makes no difference to me.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Founteks are sold

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
10F's Sold

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erin's review of the MW13P-4's: https://web.archive.org/web/20180420160026/http://medleysmusings.com/mw13p-4/

Harmonic Distortion: The HD looks VERY good. Even at 102dB @ 1/2m equivalent the THD above 150hz is less than 0.30% for the most part which is still EXTREMELY low distortion for this high of SPL. The separation between 2nd and 3rd order distortion at this output has about a 15dB delta above 300hz which is very nice. Overall, some top-shelf distortion values.

Bottom line: Used as a midrange crossed above 200hz/LR2 and below 2khz/LR2 I’d say this is a stellar driver. If you wanted to cross lower, I’d say 150hz is feasible with a steeper crossover. You could get away with a lower crossover point but I personally prefer to go with larger drivers and cross high (relatively speaking) when I can. On the high end, I would say that the 2-3khz region would be the max I’d go for reasons mentioned before.

Subjectively I can say that I’ve been using these in my car for the past couple weeks and have been VERY impressed with them. I actually prefer them over the Scan 12m, and the Scan 15m/15w … but I’m basing these impressions on aural memory which isn’t great, so take that for what it’s worth.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @dgage, price lowered to $175 shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for some extremely good performance mids

1 - 8 of 8 Posts