DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am using sound deadening material from "Secondskin" and "sound deadening showdown".

SDS material:

CLD Tiles
MLV - to cover inner door skin opening

Extruded Butyl Rope (EBR)

Second skin:

Luxury liner pro - inner door skin
Double sided tape
Aluminum tape

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also added speaker rings to seal the driver's to the door panel and Speaker Tweaker Set (Anechoic Pads) behind the mid/woofer.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good, any subs? These are some of the natural sounding speakers to my hearing.
No sub currently. I'm not a bass head and the 650 is sufficient for my tastes. I've run a sweep with room eq wizard previously to see what my measurements are.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No sub currently. I'm not a bass head and the 650 is sufficient for my tastes. I've run a sweep with room eq wizard previously to see what my measurements are.
It is not about bass. E650s are very fine mid-bass, very detail but cannot go that low. I am crossing mine at 80HZ but I feel they struggle going lower and they are dedicated midbass in my set up. But if they work out in your case then that is awesome.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Is that MLV lining the outer door skin in the 3rd photo?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been slowly working on finishing everything up on the driver's side. Covered both inner doors in CLD tiles with MLV on top. Strategically placed CCF to prevent vibration. I tried to cover the whole inner door from the window seal to the drains. I put in some dispersion pads and added fasst rings on the driver's.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also tore the whole back of the car interior out. I'll have to take more pictures. I coated the whole rear of the car behind the front seats in CLD, MLV, and multiple layers of melamine foam. I also have to install 3m thinsulate 600L in the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Ive removed my interior in my truck 4 times this last 2 months to just do the cld, ccf and mlv. Its getting old but ive done it enough now i can do it in my sleep

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trying to cover up all the seams and holes in the inner door skin. The seal design uses the inner door trim for the second seal. Might try a mlv ring on the inner side of the trim to get rid of air gaps.

My first attempt at deadening was tracing the inner door skin on MLV. Needless to say it didn't fit and I messed up my cuts. Gave up and used it as a vaper barrier. I'll shove in either melamine foam or 3m thinsulate 600L in the panel.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts