61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My roadmap going forward:

1. treat the roof frame with mlv and melamine foam

2. Install mlv on the fenders/ liner's.

3. Engine bay and fire wall for sound deadening. I don't want to remove the dash.

4. Car under body MLV paneling

5. Upgrade tires and wheels to Lexus es350 helmholtz wheels and Bridgestone quiettrack tires.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Today I cut another mlv piece to go under the rear floor mat.

I measured at 55mph on fresh paved highway and measured 67db.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
My only other options:

1. Cut Thinsulate or melamine and cover rear v windows and see if it gives positive results.

2. Deaden above entire headliner

3. Attach mlv to melamine foam on dual moon roofs/ or try Thinsulate instead

4. Add another layer on mlv to floor and make Thinsulate sandwich

5. Deaden wheel wells with CLD and MLV

6 deaden engine bay/ on good, engine coverage, and firewall.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
At some point, you're going to start having most of the sound come through the class itself which you cannot combat. I think you've hit the point of diminishing returns since your car now measures as good as the best luxury cars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
At some point, you're going to start having most of the sound come through the class itself which you cannot combat. I think you've hit the point of diminishing returns since your car now measures as good as the best luxury cars.
I agree, that's why I am trying to cover the sun roofs and rear window triangle windows to counter my thin glass as possible.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I thought I'd try to go through the console and center Stack tonight. I was surprised there really isn't much space underneath to speak of. Just a big control unit under the glove box, wires, and shifter linkage.

I previously built around the side of the transmission tunnel with mlv and Thinsulate. I also shoved a piece of Thinsulate in the front cubby, what I now know is the airbag control unit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
LMAO sign me up

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ya me too. I'm about to re-build my entire system that the average person would kill to have.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts