DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm going to be installing everything in just a few weeks, and i am going to be using my stock HU for a few months until i can get some extra cash to put towards one HU i really like. While researching the whole time. But as for now i'm going to be using the stock HU.

My question comes from the setup for the stock HU. Its a pioneer unit with built in SSP, that is Scion Sound Processing, which has differet car setups and EQ for each setup. There is the car selector, tC, xA, and xB. As well as for each car the 3 EQ setups. Neutral, Hear, and Feel. As well as Bass and Treble settings. Being an Audiophile as i may be, i want the flatest response possible. With everything sounding just right, A strong midbass section, Deep deep bass extension, smooth midrange and a very nice layed back high end. And i want to be able to get all of this with my stock HU for the time being. So i'm wondering really which would be the best setup to use, that would give me the best sound possible. I know the stock speakers are built and the HU EQ is based on the response of the car and speakers, and whatnot, but i want the best response possible from what i have to work with for now.

So anyone out there that has a very good understanding of the stock tC HU and EQ curves it may have i would be very intrested in finding out how to get the best response possible.

All sounds are based on the stock speakers and such.

tC= Seems dull and lifeless, emphasis on midrange, much quieter than other car settings. bass +2-3 to get any decent midbass out of stock speakers.
xA= Midrange sounds distant but bearable, midbass seems strong but up high it lacks cymbals and such. Much fuller sound than tC.
xB= Better midbass, not as much midrange, Much fuller sound than tC, not as full as xA.

Neutral = Seems flat, no midbass, lack of upper end.
Hear= better midbass.
Feel= heavy boost in the lower midbass region to get subwoofer type feel. Without sub.

Right now i have the tC, Feel options on with a Bass +2 or +3 and tweet +1 or +2.

When i put in my new speakers, Seas CA18 and LPG 26's how much of a difference will the speakers make against the stock HU's EQing, and such, as i really want the flatest response possible.

Sorry this is so long of a post but i have alot of questions i can't explain really. Any ideas suggestions from those who know or have messed with the Stock HU.?

BTW anyone have any EQ graphs as well....that would be cool to look at.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In my XB I listen to it on hear with bass at -2 to -3 and treble at -1 to -2. When I upgraded my speakers I could not ever find a setting that sounded close to the flat setting in my previous vehicle. You cannot disable the sound processing as far as I know. If anyone knows what is flat on the hu that would help me out. Then I can determine if its the HU or speakers. I took my aftermarket speakers and amp out until I can replace the HU. My personal suggestion would be to replace the HU.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.