DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
You can get the CA18RNX for a little cheaper by e-mailing npdang himself. I'm not sure about the 26nfa. But with the 25NFA you can make a clean transisition between the ca18RNX and the 25nfa. Also the midbass is stronger on the CA18RNX than on any other mids I've tried (especially in that price range).

You can read up a little about it from this thread:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45

David

· Registered
381 Posts
demon2091tb, I haven't really sat down to EQ it yet. But Lately I've been doing 2.5khz all the way down to 63khz and it sounds pretty good.

Since you already have a HT setup, buying a set of CA18RNX and putting them in your HT setup would be quick and easy. It won't be too expensive either.

Good luck with your purchase. Take your time to decide, and have fun!

David

· Registered
381 Posts
The CA18RNX are rated at 8ohms. But when I measured them with a DMM I get 6.3Ohms.

Also be careful of passive xovers. The xover points are dependent on impedence (ohm ratings). So if the ohm's are different, it WILL shift the xover points.

David

· Registered
381 Posts
Not really... Hrm you mentioned you were going to get a Behringer DCX2496. Why don't you get that and try it in your home setup first. The Behringer DCX2496 will get you all those xover points you need.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a HT setup since I know the environment will be totally different from that of a car. Since you are carefully selecting the right components, why not take the time and get them installed correct in the car, and then EQ them while they are in the car. I think EQ'ing them in the HT setup wouldn't help much when it comes to EQ'ing them in the car.

David

· Registered
381 Posts
If you're keeping the stock unit, you'll definately want to invest in the Behringer DCX2496. The time alignment alone will make a difference in how your system sounds. Trust me, $300 is a nice price to pay especially if you keep your stock headunit and still have all the capabilities you need. I don't know anything about the speaker outs though, good luck with finding out how that works.

David

· Registered
381 Posts
More and more people are trying to keep their stock unit, so I think a few companies has already designed pretty good line out converters. I think JL was one of those companies. I read it in a magazine somewhere... I'm somewhat interested since I'll be picking up a new car in a few years and probably want it to stay stock (looking, not sounding!). So let me know if you find any good info on it.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.