DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help a friend with the basics of where to set the crossover points and slopes. Any help is appreciated.

The vehicle is a 2005 Tacoma Double Cab, speakers will be mounted in stock locations in doors, properly deadened and MDF rings used. The tweeter will be mounted in the upper part of the door near the handle.

This is a picture of another friends truck(same doors)

The amps will be a Diamond D5300.2 on the tweeters(75 wats rms x 2 @ 4 ohms), and a D5300.4 bridged to the mids (150 watts rms x 2 @ 4 ohms)

The headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P960MP.

If it matters the subs will be two Arc 10D4's powered off a Diamond D5600.2

I know it will be different for every car, but what would be the general crossover points and the slopes?

I figured the mids play from 63hz to 2500 hz and the tweeters 2500 hz and up. Is that about the general area? What would be the proper slopes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd say play with the slopes and crossover points until you find the best response in that particular vehicle.

However, I have a simliar setup and would like to know what other people cross at. I use 80khz at -12db slope to 2khz at a -6db slope for my CA18RNX and then I let my 25NFA pick up from 3.15khz -18db slope all the way up. I just played with the values and thought that these settings sound best for my vehicle.

By the way, VERY nicely cut Baffle. Must have taken a bit of time.

David

·
Registered
415 Posts
the first thing i would TRY with those components would be..

Tweeters @ 4khz -12db/oct

Mids @ 2khz -12db/oct - then move the xover point up till they sound good. then somehow, if the mids end up xovered above 3.5khz and start to sound bad, then try a steeper slope or/and move the tweeter down.. but if the mids sound good xovered high, then try moving the tweeter higher..

Then when you think, everything sounds perfect. Save the settings and start all over again with different slopes and xover points! :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts