DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw a pair of these used, and just had to pick them up. I intended to go with the Usher 8945P mids, however they are just too damn big. The seas G18RNX/P's are much smaller but damn its still pretty beefy. The Usher weighed a whopping 6 lbs and the seas weighs 4.1....and it will directly fit my door without any modification.

http://www.seas.no/images/stories/vintage/pdfdataheet/h1100_g18rnxp.pdf

Its an 8 ohm driver, so Im going to have to bridge my Memphis belle, which does 230x2 bridged at 4 ohms, which actually fits near perfectly for this driver.

I will be pairing it with Seas 27TFFNCG Tweeters....

Thought I would flip up some pics of the mids.

Ahh I cant wait to get this **** done. Replaceing my CDT ES-600's and Rainbow cal 20 tweets....this setup should sound much nicer, especially active.

That is all. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
So between these and the ER18RNX's, are these just coated paper or what?

Same motor, but what cone material?

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
FYI...you dont have the Seas G18RNX/P since those have a phase plug. The cone on the G18s are fiberglass.

Check out my review in the past, i had the Seas G18RNX/P with the Seas Textile Neos :)

I had the Ushers as well....great drivers, very scan-like IMO

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI...you dont have the Seas G18RNX/P since those have a phase plug. The cone on the G18s are fiberglass.

Check out my review in the past, i had the Seas G18RNX/P with the Seas Textile Neos :)

I had the Ushers as well....great drivers, very scan-like IMO
true, it seems hard to find any info on these drivers. I guess the "P" would make sense.

I will check your review out...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey azngotskills, how high can these play, I have an 880prs so pretty flexible...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well I played them up to 3kHz @ 12db but ended up keeping them at 2.2kHz IIRC....i felt that playing them higher made the vocals sound strained
Mark,
I don't think he fully undestands what type of Seas Midbass drivers he has in his hands now;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D Good to see you got them ok. Were they packaged well enough for you? ;)
DUDE,

I have never seen a pair of speakers handled and packed SO WELL. I mean you eve had the cones together, ziptied. then wrapped in bubble wrap, THEN with foam things. It took me prob 5 mins to open the damn thing. Awesome job.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I got them installed today, had to reformat my spacer ring, and decided to connect the driver to the ring with non hardening molding clay, and then seal the small little holes from the spacer with clay, I think I did a pretty good job...

I listened to them quite a bit, and they are def an upgrade from what I had previously. I dont have the gains fully set or anything, and I only have about 80-90w at 4 ohms to provide them, given they are 8 ohm speakers ehh, I dont fully understand 8 ohm drivers so yeah...

I have major tweaking to do. I was going to bridge my belle to get 230x2 @4, however the 4 channel I planned on using for my tweeters is in protect mode. lame.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SO I set my gains by ear and sound much better. I cant wait to install the matching seas tweeter, the tweeters I have now wont play very low, easy to localize when played low. Ill show pics of the mids mounted in my doors later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts