DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Seas G18RNX/P no longer for sale in the shop? When I go to check out it says that they aren't available in that quantity and my quantity is 2 and then I tried 1.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
madisound, partsexpress, solen.ca...all out of stock as well?

·
Registered
415 Posts
cotdt said:
Try the SEAS W18NX which should be similar but much better.
yeah and over twice as much too! -which really isnt that bad, compared to other speakers, ScanSpeak Revelators for example. -but honestly, The G18 and L18's are good enough (better then good enough) for most people (practically everyone for the car environment). Very good woofers (as i know the L18 is)!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try the SEAS W18NX which should be similar but much better.

I recently sent back a pair of W18NXs 'cause I much preferred the CA18rnx. At least in a small BR box using the Vifa XT19 tweets. I was doing a comparison (non-technical of course) of the mids and although the W18NX is more detailed, it is more hi-fi sounding, analytical. The CA18rnx provided a warmer more open presentation especially with voices. Nothing in the truck yet. Here's the test setup in case you're interested:

Source: highly modded Phillips SACD 1000
Volume: S&B Transformer volume controls
Active xover: older PPI EPX205?
Mid amp: AVA mosfet amp 100w/chan
Tweet amp: DIY gainclone amp.
Box: .75 cu ft bass reflex box with 2" vents

I've never heard the L18 or G18, the latter being made from unobtainium best I can tell.

My reference system uses single ended triodes, AER drivers in Oris horns, and an Altec 515 in a horn loaded bass cab. So my reference point may be different than many.

Jim D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts