DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do a 3 way setup now that I'm going to be using a DRZ9255. I have 160 watts rms @ 4 ohms x 2 to work with. And a max mounting depth of 3.65-3.75" So these are the two that I've narrowed it down to.

Seas L22RX4X/P

and

Peerless Exclusive 830884

Can someone tell me which one will be more efficient, they are rated at 1W/1m 86 dB for the Seas and 2.83V/1m 89.3 dB for the Peerless.

In other words, which will work better with the power that I have, or should I not even be worrying about that?

These are only going to be playing from as low as they can go(hopefully 40 hz) to about 165-200hz.

I'm leaning to the Peerless because of the truncated frame which would be easier for fitting them, but is there any reasons why the Seas would be a better choice given my power ratings?

Are there any differences in their sound charachteristics?

Hopefully someone has had a chance to listen to both of these. :D

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
sensitivity is higher on the peerless according to that. 1w/1m and 2.83v/m is the same on 8ohmers

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Ok, one more reason for me to pick the Peerless :D

Anything else you notice that shows the Peerless might be a btter choice?

Do you think either of these will work ok with my power? Thanks :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else have any thoughts? I'd figure this would be a common pair of 8"ers to compare for the people that can't fit a deeper midbass.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the peerless is sexier. buy it :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you can still get the 830491 XLS jump on it while you can... You will not regret it one bit...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was the 830491's mounting depth again? IIRC it was a little over 4" correct?

I can't fit deeper than 3.75" And that's with 1 3/4" spacer and trimming the inside of the door panel.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if that's the case, it's safe to say the 830491 is the way to go then. But is 80 watts rms @ 8 ohms enough?

·
Registered
578 Posts
It should be fine... Later on if you are able to you could go up to 150watts without any problems...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
welp guess that the end of those lol

they were VERY nice , just get the daytons then is you can fit them

and if not those I dig my exclusives--but you lose some linear throw in comparison for improved sound and midrange potential

cant have everything I guess :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
If the XLS is a problem to find, get the Dayton RS225... The Daytons look like they would match the Peerless ESC in mid potential & have more XMAX to boot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts