DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah... not the most exciting thing to look at, but they are done. So there.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Looks nice. I wonder what Seas' goal was when the designed the screw pattern like that....looks like its only 1/2 way holding the driver on. Why didn't they do a full screw hole?

Looks awesome though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Very nice, it's attention to details (like a heavy-duty finish) that makes a system last for a long time - if we could keep the same components for any length of time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very good job. Those drivers are beautiful. Gotta get a set to try out someday. Maybe if the Peerless HDS 7's don't work out.... :)

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

Actually the final "coat" is ensolite.

I decided to use it as a decoupling barrier between the speaker and the baffle. So the baffle has two coats of paint for protection against moisture, and then the ensolite to decouple the speaker from the baffle.

Demon,

I don't know if it was Seas' goal, but I have found the screw pattern to be quite handy for installing on vertical surfaces.

You just partially drive screws into the baffle on the bottom side *BEFORE* you mount the speaker. Now you have a handy speaker holder.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can probably achieve the same with regular mounts. Screw in a screw on the top mounting hold and your speaker will hang from there :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
demon2091tb said:
Looks nice. I wonder what Seas' goal was when the designed the screw pattern like that....looks like its only 1/2 way holding the driver on. Why didn't they do a full screw hole?

Looks awesome though.
i think it was because those original frames were designed for the home audio environment where they dont worry about space constraints. since the automotive environment does have space constraints, they shaved down as much as they can to alleviate the problem.

thats my theory on it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts