DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Seas Lotus Reference Set and I was wondering who has one and how much power you got pushing to it? I have an Eclipse 4channel and it puts out 85x4 at 4ohms. I'm thinking of turning the gain to between 1/4 to 1/2 way up but it's going to be awhile before I install it all.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You get the 2 way or the 3 way? Are you planning to use the passives?

It shouldn't have any problems handling that amount of power, as long as you send the right frequency range. Gain really depends on what the HU's puttin out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Seas Lotus reference set only comes in 2-way.

85w is fine, though I prefer more, especially if you're going to use the passive crossover.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I got the 2way setup with the aluminum tweeter. I am going to use the passive crossovers and put the Seas in the rear. In the front doors I'm doing a pair of MB Quart 218.03cx and in the kicks I'm doing a pair of Focal Utopia 4.5" with some Seas Reference Tweeters. I got Solen to build some passive crossovers so that the kicks are going to be crossed over right. Eventually when I get more money, I plan on replacing the Quarts and I'll probably try some 7inch Nextels with an aluminum tweeter. Not sure on that though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
um...the lotus reference mid is likely as good as the nextel.

·
Registered
415 Posts
atomicquad said:
Yeah, I got the 2way setup with the aluminum tweeter. I am going to use the passive crossovers and put the Seas in the rear. In the front doors I'm doing a pair of MB Quart 218.03cx and in the kicks I'm doing a pair of Focal Utopia 4.5" with some Seas Reference Tweeters. I got Solen to build some passive crossovers so that the kicks are going to be crossed over right. Eventually when I get more money, I plan on replacing the Quarts and I'll probably try some 7inch Nextels with an aluminum tweeter. Not sure on that though.
lol..sometimes its hopeless........

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason why I put the Seas in the back is because the tweeter in the door panel won't fit. The GSR door panel will only fit a .75" or with modification, a 1" shaved tweeter. Since I'm not going to shave the metal off the Lotus tweeter, I'm going to use them in back. The hole in the stock tweeter location is nearly 2 inches. Bigger than the tweeter itself. If I were to put the MB Quarts in back and mount the tweeter, eventually I would have to remove the tweeter and mount in a new tweeter in that location. That raises the possibilities of it not looking right after the second install. So, the Lotus will go in back and eventually a new door setup will happen. Maybe in a month or 3. Then I might do Reference mids in the front doors, and this leaves an option open for wheather I want to find a tweeter to go inside the stock tweeter location or wheather I want to mount one in the stock hole. Maybe an LPG 26 tweeter series tweeter. I would then cross those over high around 10khz to avoid any imaging problems. Sounds like a good safe setup to me without any mods to the door panel needing to be done currently. Eventually it will all be the same anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts