DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after about a year of going back and forth, we are finally ready to produce our first batch of Damplifier Lite.

Here are the specs:

Damplifier Lite
3 mil foil
.35 lbs psf
500 degree thermal limit

The product is already available for preorder on our site:
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/vibration-mat-damplifier-lite.php

We still have to add the pics but those should be in soon!

Thanks for your attention

ANT

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
just ordered a little bit to try out along with a roller. That roller would have been nice when I was putting in the shop pack of Damp Pro 2-3 months ago.

Great product...got a local rep to order the pro for me...I brought some up to the local shop I usually do my business with and had the salesman I go through take out a piece of the Hushmat they sell...I was laughing when I compared them. I just kept looking at his 4 sq foot "speaker pack" for $40 and was pointing out how the pro came in larger sheets and had at least 2X the thickness and weight. He said he would go with damp pro if he could but they had a deal worked out with hushmat since they are a local company.

Anyways, second skin rocks. Was wondering, cant see a pic on the site, is the damp lite gonna be with black backing or the silver?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just ordered a little bit to try out along with a roller. That roller would have been nice when I was putting in the shop pack of Damp Pro 2-3 months ago.

Great product...got a local rep to order the pro for me...I brought some up to the local shop I usually do my business with and had the salesman I go through take out a piece of the Hushmat they sell...I was laughing when I compared them. I just kept looking at his 4 sq foot "speaker pack" for $40 and was pointing out how the pro came in larger sheets and had at least 2X the thickness and weight. He said he would go with damp pro if he could but they had a deal worked out with hushmat since they are a local company.

Anyways, second skin rocks. Was wondering, cant see a pic on the site, is the damp lite gonna be with black backing or the silver?

Thanks for the kind words, and the order!
The Damplifier and Damplifier Pro will have black foil, starting in another few weeks. Damplifier Lite will be the only silver foil product we offer.

ANT

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Thanks. I will continue to spread the word!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah.
Trying to point out that performace per sq foot is a better measurement than price per sq foot has done nothing but caused me head aches.
This product should clear those up real well..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ant...how would you compare the two products lite and pro besides the obvious thickness differences? What application would you recommend the lite over the pro specifically for?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ant...how would you compare the two products lite and pro besides the obvious thickness differences? What application would you recommend the lite over the pro specifically for?

Compare Damplifier Lite to Damplifier Pro?

Damplifier Lite
3 mil foil
.38 lbs psf
1mm thick

Damplifier Pro
6 mil foil
.65 lbs psf
2 mm thick

So it looks as though Damplifier Lite is almost exactly half the product.
half as much foil and half as much adhesive.

In my own car, I would only use the Regular Damplifier or the Damplifier Pro.
Many people want something that is light weight.
Many can't spend the money on Damplifier so they turn to our competitors products. We brought Lite to market to go up agains products that we are losing business to.

ANT

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^^
You hit the nail on the head ANT in regards to competitors. This came out just in time for me. You have my business. Thank you!

-Matt

Side question. Being a preorder, do you charge when I place the order or when it ships?

^^^
You hit the nail on the head ANT in regards to competitors. This came out just in time for me. You have my business. Thank you!

-Matt

Side question. Being a preorder, do you charge when I place the order or when it ships?

·
Registered
633 Posts
In the business world we call this a good idea :)

·
FatStrawPDX
39 Posts
Hi! MoH.vze.com here (my other username on forums elsewhere).

Since you guys are going to start using the black foils for your damps,
is there going to be a special clearance sell for the regular foil ones on those SS Damps?

If so I'd like to buy 50 sqft or 80 sqft depending on price :)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi! MoH.vze.com here (my other username on forums elsewhere).

Since you guys are going to start using the black foils for your damps,
is there going to be a special clearance sell for the regular foil ones on those SS Damps?

If so I'd like to buy 50 sqft or 80 sqft depending on price :)
At this time we are not planning on clearing out the silver foil products. They sell pretty fast as it is now, so we will just wait to they are all gone before we introduce the black foil products.

Ant

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
i ordered mine yesterday and got an email saying it was being shipped today...Is it already coming or is something wrong with my info?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
CHICAGO,
IL, US 05/01/2009 12:50 P.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
05/01/2009 4:06 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
HODGKINS,
IL, US 04/30/2009 8:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
04/30/2009 6:29 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PHOENIX,
AZ, US 04/28/2009 2:07 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
PHOENIX,
AZ, US 04/27/2009 6:56 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 04/27/2009 7:01 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

thats what my tracking # says from second skin for my D light....
problem is, I live in Missouri. Why is it going to IL?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your order was processed. Not shipped.
It will be shipped once it is in stock, and then your tracking number be go active.

ANT

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Got mine in friday...seems a tad thinner than some other stuff ive used.(Maybe just used to Damp Pro) Only complaint is the alum is still pretty stiff. That is one thing I will give hushmat..their outer layer is really pliable and easy to work into creases and corners.

Not really a big deal though...Im really impressed with the performance for the money paid. Worked awesome for the couple areas that were not worthy of Damp Pro but needed some attention.

I would def reccomend getting at least a couple sheets when you order Damp Pro b/c there are some areas that need something that will conform a little better and if you are like me...you dont wanna waste all you're DP on a little plastic piece here and there.

Holding a piece of DP next to the Damp Lite is pretty funny. Really shows you how much mass and actual product content you are getting when you get the Damp Pro.

Thanks for making Damplifier Lite...Its a good product and Ive found some good uses for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts