DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have you looked at running wire into the doors yet? It’s not an easy thing to do, especially the 12g you have spec’d so i vote pillars but it’s up to you.
I've ran wire into the doors before it sure is a pain. Probably don't need 12 gauge wire for the tweeters either I suppose 😂

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah....that’s a little overkill but if you already have it or don’t want to order multiple gauge wire, i get it. Definitely won’t hurt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When I did my last build I was told that the power cables don't need to be branded ie knukoncepts, and that welding cable is best. Is this accurate?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don’t know about that. I know welding cable will work but most of it isn’t very flexable. As long as it’s ofc and true awg you should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
When I did my last build I was told that the power cables don't need to be branded ie knukoncepts, and that welding cable is best. Is this accurate?
Welding cable is usually not as flexible but the insulation is much more heat and abrasion resistant. It works especially well if you're going to solder heavy duty lugs on each end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah....that’s a little overkill but if you already have it or don’t want to order multiple gauge wire, i get it. Definitely won’t hurt.
At 125w per channel would 14g or 16g be good or should I step it up to 12g? And 1500w for the sub, I was going to use 8g

·
Registered
449 Posts
Both 14/16 will be fine. 12 can get expensive and isn’t need. We run 14/16 in houses all the time at much longer distances.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts