DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All !

Thanks for taking a second to look at my question.

I have a 2004 Buick Lesabre and I would buy a head unit ( digital media receiver I think is what I am looking for precisely )

This is what I *need* it to do / have:

Touch screen
Support for playing Spotify from my Galaxy S6 ( either good quality bluetooth or usb, or both )
Touch Screen UI support for controlling the Spotify App ( so I can just use the head unit and leave my phone in the cupholder etc ) ***OR*** a built in Spotify App that I can link my account to.
Decent power output / quality

This is what I would *like* it to do/have:

Decent price ( 300 dollars or under )
Decent brand name ( no walmart crud )
Support for streaming my DirecTV via satellite ***AND/OR*** streaming video from a web browser on my attached Galaxy s6 ( i just wanna catch the news on the way to work in the morning )

I have put in a couple stereos before so I have a bit of experience, but definitely no expert.

THANKS in advance !!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply !

I was doing a little reading about the Android Auto. I read that it does mimic the Android UI but it was also fussing about "safety" and things which made me think that it wouldn't do video while the car was driving.

How does Android Auto handle Spotify specifically ? It says that it supports "many of your favorite" apps while the mirrorlink says it supports " supported apps " lol

Also, yeah 500 is too steep.

Thanks again :D

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That line doesn't appear to have a Spotify App and I was kind of hoping to use the touchscreen to access the music, as not having to fumble around with my phone is one of the big reasons I am wanting to get this >.<

The ISimple Medialinx looks pretty useful though. That vid made it really clear that it is pretty easy to get a lag free mirror of the screen to the monitor and that might come in handy with whatever I end up settling on.

Cheers for the help, I appreciate it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.