DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Hybrid Audio Clarus speakers, and sub running from a 4-channel amp and OEM (CD43) HU. The speaker set includes a pair of mid-range speakers and tweeters. I have them connected to 2 channels, with passive cross-overs (supplied with the set). The subwoofer (IDQ12v3) is bridged to the remaining 2 channels.

Now I want to replace the amp with a zapco DC650.6, and think I have the wiring here correct, but I am not quite certain. I am concerned here over connecting speakers to the ch3/4 outputs, but no input on that channel. Do I need a y-splitter fo rthis, or will it take the signal form the CH1\2 inputs and split it up with highs to the tweeters and mid-range to channels 3 and 4?

Here is my diagram, sorry for the large size, I just want it to be clear what I am doing. Advise me if this is not the right approach at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Many multi channel amps have the ability to 'move' the signal internally from Channels 1 and 2 'over' to 3 and 4... usually its a switch by the input stage (making channels 3 and 4 the same as 1 and 2).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have read the manual and do not see any description about this ability. Does someone with first-hand experience with this amp, have some insight they could share with me? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
if the amp doesn't have a switch it most likely will gather the signal from the other channels. I haven't seen a manually switched amp in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts