DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking to do some soundproofing on my '93 Cherokee front doors.

Could you guys sell me on a plan and materials?

Thanks!

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
I'd start off by asking what exactly are your goals? Just trying to improve sound quality and output of your door speakers?

I'd suggest installing 1-1.5 sq. ft. of sound deadening mat (Dynamat, Damplifier, SDS Tiles, etc.) on your door. Small patches here and there, doesn't require much.

Then install some MLV (mass loaded vinyl) over the inner door skin. This will create a more acoustically sound plane to mount the speaker to and because of the density/mass of the material, the sound produced from the speaker (both front and rear projected waves) are unlikely to mix and cause any of that pesky cancelation.

Make sense?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd start off by asking what exactly are your goals? Just trying to improve sound quality and output of your door speakers?

I'd suggest installing 1-1.5 sq. ft. of sound deadening mat (Dynamat, Damplifier, SDS Tiles, etc.) on your door. Small patches here and there, doesn't require much.

Then install some MLV (mass loaded vinyl) over the inner door skin. This will create a more acoustically sound plane to mount the speaker to and because of the density/mass of the material, the sound produced from the speaker (both front and rear projected waves) are unlikely to mix and cause any of that pesky cancelation.

Make sense?
This man can definitely take care of you, and you cannot go wrong with Second Skin!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts