DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 18’ Sti with the stock headunit running into a Audiocontrol LC7i then into an Arc Audio 850.5 amp powering Morel Tempo Ultra 602 comps up front, Morel Maximo 6.5” coaxials in rear doors and a Morel Primo 10” in the trunk. Right now it sounds really good and gets loud and clear but I feel it could be better. Right now money’s tight so no changing out any equipment and no dsp unless spending $150 on a used Audison Bit Ten would be worth it. I’m coming from Morel Virtus 2 ways but I don’t think there’s a huge difference in sound quality from the Tempos so not gonna change speakers. Im trying to just run the front Tempos bridged and run the rears off deck power but it’s not working out. The Arc does 250x2 bridged with the gain on the amp all the way down but my oscilloscope keeps making noise since I’m running to many volts to those speakers.
I know clipping on my deck is 45 out of 63 and my LC7i was running 3.0 volts out to the Arc when I was just running the normal 85x4 watts the arc was putting out. Now with the amp bridged and the amp gain all the way down it’s to much power. I can turn the Voltage down on the LC7i to about 1.2 volts but doesn’t that send a less clean signal???

Opinions on bridging or getting a bit ten? Help with maybe setting gains?

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 18’ Sti with the stock headunit running into a Audiocontrol LC7i then into an Arc Audio 850.5 amp powering Morel Tempo Ultra 602 comps up front, Morel Maximo 6.5” coaxials in rear doors and a Morel Primo 10” in the trunk. Right now it sounds really good and gets loud and clear but I feel it could be better. Right now money’s tight so no changing out any equipment and no dsp unless spending $150 on a used Audison Bit Ten would be worth it. I’m coming from Morel Virtus 2 ways but I don’t think there’s a huge difference in sound quality from the Tempos so not gonna change speakers. Im trying to just run the front Tempos bridged and run the rears off deck power but it’s not working out. The Arc does 250x2 bridged with the gain on the amp all the way down but my oscilloscope keeps making noise since I’m running to many volts to those speakers.
I know clipping on my deck is 45 out of 63 and my LC7i was running 3.0 volts out to the Arc when I was just running the normal 85x4 watts the arc was putting out. Now with the amp bridged and the amp gain all the way down it’s to much power. I can turn the Voltage down on the LC7i to about 1.2 volts but doesn’t that send a less clean signal???

Opinions on bridging or getting a bit ten? Help with maybe setting gains?
Do you have any idea how it can be better?
Something... More than a feeling? (Boston acoustics is coming to mind)

How far off of good enough is "loud and clear"?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read a few reviews the Dayton Dsp added noise so not to sure on getting that.
I guess without time alignment better imaging it can’t be much better. Maybe clarity with the higher wattage.
Boston Acoustics?
I had the Pro 6.5 when I was a teen and they rocked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I guess without time alignment better imaging it can’t be much better. Maybe clarity with the higher wattage.
Boston Acoustics?
I run them now and they still rock.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
There are a few apps that can allow for an idea of what could be improved.
I would probably start there, if it already sound pretty good. It is basically easier to make it worse when it is getting pretty good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Boston Acoustics?
The people who say the DSP introduces noise are blaming it for their badly set up system.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
The people who say the DSP introduces noise are blaming it for their badly set up system.
I am not sure... some DSPs have a high noise floor....
I do not know if that particular one does.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
I do know. Mine does not.
He was referencing the Dayton unit...
Whoch would likely be enough for you sub, but an arguement can be made for a MiniDSP with the FIR to DiRAC you sub... :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so I pulled the trigger on a Dayton Dsp. Will just run the 85x4 watts to front tweeters and front mid bass through the dsp. Rear speakers will run off deck power. Will read some of the posts on setting up the dsp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts