DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Tundra CM Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here and new to the forum, apologies if covered elsewhere. Question on gains and target curves for active 4-way SQ setups. Most curves I’ve looked at depict a 12-15 dB roll off from subs to highs. Does anyone use differing test tone levels to set gains and would this help build in a rough target curve prior to EQ? The thought on the tones to set the gains is...

Subs: 40 Hz @ -10dB
MidBass: 100Hz @ -5dB
MidRange: 1K Hz @ -3dB
Highs: 5k Hz @ 0dB

Note: No boosted/modified/Decaf music will be played.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
First post here and new to the forum, apologies if covered elsewhere. Question on gains and target curves for active 4-way SQ setups. Most curves I’ve looked at depict a 12-15 dB roll off from subs to highs. Does anyone use differing test tone levels to set gains and would this help build in a rough target curve prior to EQ? The thought on the tones to set the gains is...

Subs: 40 Hz @ -10dB
MidBass: 100Hz @ -5dB
MidRange: 1K Hz @ -3dB
Highs: 5k Hz @ 0dB

Note: No boosted/modified/Decaf music will be played.

Thoughts??
Do you have a laptop, measurement mic, and REW? If you do, you can run the rta while setting your gains to get them close to a target curve while using pink periodic noise (pink pn).

·
Registered
2014 Tundra CM Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a laptop, measurement mic, and REW? If you do, you can run the rta while setting your gains to get them close to a target curve while using pink periodic noise (pink pn).
Yea, that’s the plan for EQ, but I don’t think that will work for setting full tilt gain levels?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yea, that’s the plan for EQ, but I don’t think that will work for setting full tilt gain levels?
No, it won't. After you set the full tilt gain levels, you can go back and lower the mid and tweet gains this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts