DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Dodge Challenger with stock hu and the PAC AP4-CH41 connecter for analog out. It is running to my JL Vxi 1000/1 and JL Vxi 800/8. My issue is when I turn the car off the hu volume resets to 19, about half way. I'm unable to set the gain high enough in the TUN software for the lights to begin flashing yellow. I will set it all the way to the top for each amp and the identifiers remain green. I have to turn the volume up to 22-24 before the highest numbers begin to show yellow. I have not been able to find a setting in the hu to adjust the default volume. How can I boost the output voltage to get full power form my amps? Would running optical cables instead of analog fix the issue?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm not sure that I understand your gain question, but in case it helps, you can set the default volume of the head-unit when it comes on. It can remember the last volume or set itself to a specific volume number. I have a 2018 Challenger.

Do you have the 8.4" touchscreen?

I'll go out and get you the exact "path" to set the default volume setting... Be back shortly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the standard 7” touchscreen. It would be awesome if you know the path to changing the default volume though. I couldn’t find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts