DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody. Great forum. I've been doing a lot of reading here lately and I realized how much of a noob i am. lol

Ok, my deck is a JVC KDAVX-2. I got it before cuz my expy has two rear monitors so i wanted the DVD deck. I know it's not the greatest deck but it works for now. lol

Ok, my JVC has time alignment but only for 5.1 channel settings which i don't use. It also has settings that really confuses me and I hope you all can explain it to me. In the menu there is speaker settings where you can adjust each speakers db whether it be + or -. then i have speaker distance as well. Is the speaker distance settings anything like time alignment?

Hope you can help me on this. Thanks!

Edit:

intelligent EQ (7-Band iEQ): This model has Hard Rock, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Dance, Country, Reggae, Classic, User 1, User 2, User 3, and Flat preset EQ curves. User 1, User 2, and User 3 presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. For each User preset, you can independently adjust the following frequencies: 60 Hz, 150 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz, and 15 kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from -5dB to +5dB in 1dB increments.

Speaker Size: You can adjust the following speaker size settings:

* Front: Small or Large
* Center: Small, Large, or None
* Rear: Small, Large, or None
* Subwoofer: On or Off

Speaker Level: You can adjust the output level of each speaker from -10 dB to +10 dB.

Speaker Distance: You can adjust the speaker output timing separately for each speaker according to the distance from the speakers to the listening position. The distance for each speaker can be adjusted from 6" to 240" in 6" increments.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry if my post is unclear. Basically i just want to know if speaker distance settings is the same thing as time alignment?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not directly relevant to your question, but since you brought it up...

My Kenwood has similar speaker settings: small, standard, medium, and wide; or something to that effect, I've always been curious as to what this does, as I don't really "hear" a change in sound, nor do I see a change in the internal crossover or EQ settings. Manual only re-states the obvious, that you should select it to match the size of your speakers.

If you happend to figure this option out on your JVC, I'd appreciate the feedback as to what it does so I might understand it better on my Kenwood.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
^ LArge disables the subwoofer output when playing surround sound content. I have never understood why, I always leave it at small.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies. I did think it was time alignment I just needed to be sure.

As far as the speaker sizes go, the option is there for me but it marked grey so I can't configure it for some odd reason. I think you have to have a 5.1 set up in order to configure it which i'm not set up for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts